Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone doing all three ’10’ endurance events?
  • foxylaydee
    Free Member

http://www.nofussevents.co.uk/events/events/1507/

What are they like? I want to give them a go but everyone i know is to much of a wuss 😕

crazy-legs

Done 10 Under the Ben (once) and 10 Around K’tree (twice), never managed to make it to Moray. All the events I’ve done have been really good fun. Slightly ‘relaxed’ style of organisation but it worked really well. Fantastic atmosphere and great riding, tough enough for those who wanted to blat round and win, easy enough for those who wanted to chill and enjoy.
    I’ll be doing them again this year. 🙂

Mat

Hopefully going to make all 3, did 10utb and Moray last year, selling my T-the-park ticket so i can make 10 at K’Tree

as crazy legs says you decide how hard you want it to be (*ahem*),
    good events to start off in, they’re really nice and laid back organisation wise.

I dunno how I’m going to fare in 10 utb this year, revision and course work have put paid to most serious riding over these past couple of months and my last exam is just a week before!

foxylaydee
    Free Member

are you guys doing it as singles? I’ve asked a few people to pair up with me but they are all big jessies , e.g “oh i dont think i could manage 10 hours” blah 🙂

Kit
    Free Member

I’m supposed to be doing 10 at Kirroughtree this year in a team (having solo’d previously) but am unlikely to make it due to being in Aberdeen 🙁 Thinking of the ‘Ben or Moray events instead as they’re a wee bit nearer.

c_l and Mat have it right about taking it at your own pace, and the participants are generally pretty friendly. Last time I did 10 Under the Ben though, it was a wee bit competitive for my liking…

trail_rat
    Free Member

i entered them all 2 years ago as my first MTB endurance event – got hooked ….

even won a trip to nz out of it !

great events , well organised and great atmosphere , will be back again this year, Didnt make 10UTB last year but did the others.

crazy-legs

foxy, I’d consider it as a Pair if you want? My gf is mostly a roadie and certainly wouldn’t consider 10hrs on MTB! I might be able to convince her to run support though… 😉

falkirk_mark
    Free Member

Think spaces are limited this year so get booked in soon if you fancy doing it.

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

I’m going to give it a pop as my first solo event, looking forward to it.

If you see me give me a tow!

jojoA1
    Free Member

Do it!!! They’re great fun. Tell your wussy mates that if they’re in a pair, it’s not 10 hrs riding anyway, it’s half that at the most. dur!! 😉

swavis

Signed up for the 3rd time for 10 under the Ben. Think I’ll maybe do the Moray one as well, (if I’m not spannerin’ for the gf 😉 )

As Jo says, Do it! They’re ace!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone doing all three ’10’ endurance events?’ is closed to new replies.