Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Anyone doing a solstice ride?
  • MrSparkle

Great night. Set off from home and up the back of the Cemetary. Last week we saw a deer in the field on the left. This week it was on the right!

Re-discovered an old route which I haven’t ridden for at least 8 years. Livsey and our Will had never been on it.

On the way back we dropped into the Royal for a pint – and they gave us free chips! Result!

stumpyjumper
    Free Member

I was then I wasn’t then I was again in the end me an the missus went for a long loop around the canals and to my fab ale pub. Just beat the stormy clouds home then torrential. Perfect

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, I did… although it has to be said I did’nt do it all night mind, only till sunset, but that was the plan. Old Winny area/East Meon back to B’Waltham. Sunny as, warm as, windy as so the rutted b’way slogathons were hard going against the breeze.. Cracking ride mind, cracking. No beer nor chips for me though (uber sad) Is tyhere a smilie who cries a lot on here???

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I’m wondering if we should send out mountain rescue for Fraser as we’ve not heard from him this morning. Lashing down all day yesterday here and was still going at midnight. Cold as well

Bernaard
    Free Member

Club ride up the Long Mynd.
    Took in the last minutes of daylight at the trig point.
    Superb.

lowey

Gutted. 1st Solstice I’ve not ridden in nearly 5 years.

edd

We did a ride last night from work, starting in Kings Langley, Herts. Was excellent fun.

FraserHughes
    Free Member

Well, that was extremely damp!

Made the Summit of Beinn Ghlass, decided the rain and wind really wasn’t going to give us a break so descented to the beallach between Ghlass and Lawers then down the Ghlass bypass path. Fantastic Singletrack despite the weather! Made it back to the car at 2am and Edinburgh for 4am 🙂

JPR may have some photos..

Work today will be bought to you by coffee!

smartay

Night shift on the 20th, even so didnt see the sun come up far to cloudy. Walked Waun y llyn last night with family still no sunset but dramatic , rain filled clouds, over the Clwyds.
    Full of cold and Hayfever so laying of the bike for a day or so

Feel like I’ve been cheated- looking foreward to getting naked and covering myself in blue wode!!!!!

stuartm555
    Free Member

Sounds good Fraser … I was supposed to be joining your group for the Lawers bivvy but thankfully our driver (Roland – Simon’s flatmate) wussed out and we ended up in the pub playing Scrabble 🙂

FraserHughes
    Free Member

Sounds good Fraser … I was supposed to be joining your group for the Lawers bivvy but thankfully our driver (Roland – Simon’s flatmate) wussed out and we ended up in the pub playing Scrabble

😆 I think it might of dawned on Roland yesterday afternoon it wasn’t going to be quite the ride he was expecting – when I spoke to him on Tuesday he was talking about taking a BBQ and wood for a fire!

I’m sure we’ll meet you for a ride soon…

stuartm555
    Free Member

Yes he told me on Monday night to keep space in my backpack for wood 🙂

Would definitely be up for a bivvy / bothy ride some other time though. At least a bothy would let Roland have his fire!

JPR
    Free Member

Super quick rough edit. And I stop filming pretty quickly as my camera was getting a bit too wet.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6bsbWvpkxA[/video]

FraserHughes
    Free Member

Nice work on the video. Even with the heavy Fish and Chip bias! 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Anyone doing a solstice ride?’ is closed to new replies.