Anyone do the XTM Enduro last year?

Home Forum Bike Forum Anyone do the XTM Enduro last year?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone do the XTM Enduro last year?
  • Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

I’ve done the XTT Triathlon previously, which runs the same weekend, course is fun, but not remotely technical, dunno how much they change for the XTM.

Premier Icon GDRS
    Subscriber

Thanks.

I’ve not done an Enduro format race previously – but my assumption in this case is that it’s an XC course – a la Crowthorne / Swinley.

Premier Icon GDRS
    Subscriber

Looks like a good way to spend four hours.

Anyone do this last year – format / course / technical (or not)?

Cheers

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

Certainly the XTT course was less technical even than a Gorrick. I think they do add additional sections in. I know folk who’ve done it and spoken well of it.

I did it last year and really enjoyed it, will try to do it again this year. You do as many laps as poss within the 4hr limit, all laps have to be completed within the 4hrs, any laps that finish after will not be couynted. As for the course, it’s not very technical, if you’re use to riding at the lookout etc you’ll find it very easy, just starts to get a bit more interesting as your speed goes up. There are a couple of hills and in the 2nd half of the race I found them quite tough. Really good atmosphere, nice and chilled on the course with a wide range of ability – what’s not to like…

Premier Icon GDRS
    Subscriber

Good stuff. Anybody on Singlespeeds (already looking for a niche mixed category entry)…..

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

Anyone know the area?

The route’s been published here:

http://connect.garmin.com/player/218760827

Is it more technical than an XC race?

Anyone who’s done the Brighton Big Dog who’d care to compare would be good as I know Stanmer and woudl be itnerested in contrast.

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

Is it more technical than an XC race?

Thetford or Hadleigh?!

On par with a Brass Monkey I’d say. Ie no.

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

So what makes it an enduro race not an xc one? Just the 4 hour duration?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone do the XTM Enduro last year?’ is closed to new replies.