Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone dealt with Shimano customer service?
  • backtothetop
    Free Member

Bought a new rear mech last week from CRC, put it on and went for first ride today, 10 mins in after landing a small jump,mech snapped from the hanger, caught in wheel, bent spokes, scratched frame and destroyed the mech.

Managed to single speed the bike and get through the day but it wasnt ideal.

If this happened to you what would you expect from shimano?
    its a bit far stretched but i want a new frame,wheel and mech, the frames only 4 months old and ive looked after it the best i can, yet now has a deep scrape in the frame right through in to the alloy.

Ive contacted CRC with info and photos of affected areas and now awaiting a reply.

ojom
    Free Member

I’ll put my neck out and say this is unlikely to be Shimanos fault.

In a non arsey way of course. Internet is poor for tone.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Mech went into spokes, the rest then followed.

Or can you prove otherwise and that it was shimano’s fault?

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

it was 100% youre fault…

druidh
    Free Member

You’ll be fine. These two will see to it….

[img]http://manhattaninfidel.com/__oneclick_uploads/2011/12/santa-clause-waving.jpg[/img]

scaredypants

I had one snap years ago and there was a very obvious fault in the casting

Mostly though, you’re looking at the “tough shit” end of the CS spectrum

nuke

Maybe you could send it in for inspection to see if there was a reason like scaredypant’s casting fault but, if you put it on yourself, I’m guessing they’d argue it was incorrectly fitted and adjusted and therefore your fault. I’d be amazed if you get the result you’re looking for (a new frame, wheel and mech) from the warranty claim…a new mech is best I would expect.

backtothetop
    Free Member

Im not really expecting to get much joy from this but surely, if fitting an item correctly, using correct tools and torque settings then the item should do its job, not get tangled up in the spokes the first time the suspension gets compressed.

jam-bo

This is a troll. Surely?

druidh
    Free Member

No.

It’s the Easter Bunny and Santa.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

No consequencial damages will cover everything for Shimano, you may get a new mech but doubt it.

dallas95
    Free Member

I don’t think Shimano have a customer service dept. Their stuff never fails. 8)

clubber
    Free Member

it won’t be Shimano, it’ll be Crc and Madison.

You might get a new mech. you won’t get a new frame.

tracknicko
    Free Member

i’m with the OP, once stuck a brand new (only X7 mind) sram mech on my 224, went through a rock garden at gethin, and at the bottom the damn thing was all bent up and wrapped round the pivot bolt!

had set it all up right and everything…

would you beleive sram wanted nothing to do with it?

shocking!

😉

backtothetop
    Free Member

if i get a new mech then ill settle for that,
    seeing as most of u are taking the piss(as normal) and making it seem like this is perfectly acceptable for a mech to fail as soon as its fitted, im going single speed, cant afford to replace parts every ride.

druidh
    Free Member

I think you’ll find that the piss-take is because it is NOT normal for a mech to fail “as son as it id fitted”, but good luck on getting a replacement.

iain1775
    Free Member

If your single speeding make sure you put the sprocket on the right way round, wouldn’t want you forced to pedal backwards in a week or so

IanMunro
    Free Member

If this happened to you what would you expect from shimano?
    its a bit far stretched but i want a new frame,wheel and mech, the frames only 4 months old and ive looked after it the best i can, yet now has a deep scrape in the frame right through in to the alloy.

Have you phoned claims direct? I feel you’d get on great with them.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone dealt with Shimano customer service?’ is closed to new replies.