Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone care to recommend an IFA in North Bristol?
  • bristolbiker
    Free Member

…if they happened to be within an area bounded by the Avon Gorge to the West, the Severn to the North , Clifton Village to the South and as far as Yate to the East (that typically covers my daily travels), that would be great!

Ta.

Cougar

I used to work for one, AWD Chase de Vere. We had a branch in Bristol on (IIRC) Whiteladies Road. Whether they were any good or not I couldn’t say, I work in IT so never had any wealth to manage.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Fair enough Cougar 🙂

Current IFA, is (by default) a) bosses brother, b) lovely bloke, but hopeless/disorganised and getting more so and c) based on the other side of the country and seems incapable of responding to phone or emails…..

(this is detail is all by way of a shameless bump to the top of the pile again)

Marko

We used to deal with a chap called Keith – nice man and he worked for the Co-op originally. After the Co-op got out of financial services (I think) he went to work for this lot:

Abacus

Worth ringing maybe. I’ve no idea if he still works there and this is not a recommendation as such, but a starting point for you perhaps?

Hth
    Marko

TheDTs
    Free Member

Mathew Burman has always been very good.
    matthew

bristolbiker
    Free Member

The DTs – assuming you are not him, and this isn’t the most subtle astroturfing I’ve seen….. he looks good – thanks!

squirrelking
    Free Member

By IFA I assume you don’t mean an Irradiated Fuel Assembly?

EDIT: ah, google made this make sense, never mind…

globalti
    Free Member

Why do you need to use an IFA? From a very jaded perspective they will only sell you a product that you could have found yourself and I think I’m right in saying that your first few payments will go straight into the IFA’s pocket.

If it’s a financial “product” you need, why not just trawl the internet?

(Last week our neighbour moved out to a big apartment, mortgage-free, in a swanky gated estate having made a small fortune helping people to reclaim the PPI insurance they were mis-sold…. by him and his mates in the 90s! About five years ago this neighbour was bankrupt but thanks to the commissions on reclaims he now owns outright apartments in Florida, Budapest and now Lancashire as well as two small houses he rents out in the area.)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone care to recommend an IFA in North Bristol?’ is closed to new replies.