Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone calculate their positions in an non-competetive Enduro?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Is it just me. I find myself downloading the unsorted results into excel then puting the finishing times into order to see where I came – just to see how fit/unfit I am. Anyone as sad as me 🙂 (100th/371 riders in the Newnham 60 😉 Sad eh! )

stumpyjon

Yep, me too did it with the Mary Townley Challenge results recently. I want to know where in the field I came. It's the best way of assesing how well you've done. I knocked and hour of last year's time but still came in around the same place in the field which makes me think the route was easier in the direction we did it this year and conditions were significantly better than last year (or some of the weaker riders drpped out as overall numbers were also down).

crazy-legs

The results can't legally be given out in a time format, the usual format is alphabetical rider name but it's 10 seconds work in Excel to re-sort it all which is what most people do!

It's helpful as a rough indicator of performance although I usually combine that info with the data on my GPS.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Keva
    Free Member

yup… just out of interest, why not ? Im usually around top 20%, running Im usually around the top 10%

Kev

jam-bo

nothing to do with being illegal, just bumps up the insurance costs dramatically if it is a race.

its why we have timed practice sessions at the DH track rather than races.

crazy-legs

nothing to do with being illegal, just bumps up the insurance costs dramatically if it is a race.

Partly right but it's illegal to hold a bicycle race on a public bridleway as well. So it has to be called a "challenge" or "enduro" which means that the results cannot be in finishing order.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Can someone clarify the (legal) difference between a downhill race on a bridleway and a roadie time trial?

simondbarnes

thisisnotaspoon – Member

Can someone clarify the (legal) difference between a downhill race on a bridleway and a roadie time trial?

Racing bikes on bridleways = illegal
    Racing bikes on roads = legal with permission

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone calculate their positions in an non-competetive Enduro?’ is closed to new replies.