Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Anyone but Murray…
  • Hohum
    Free Member

I am becoming so bored of hearing about Andy Murray.

Please someone beat him at Wimbledon.

He is really quite ugly, his little rapport and I find that fist thing he does when he wins a point quite unsettling…

RealMan
    Free Member

falkirk-mark

Your English.

mushrooms
    Free Member

You mean english idiot 😀

maccruiskeen

C’mon Tim!

Hohum
    Free Member

falkirk-mark – Member
    You’re English.

Yes, you guessed it, I am an Englishman living in Scotland.

To be honest I do hope he does well and my original post was meant to be tongue in cheek 😀

I am just getting bored hearing about him all the time when everyone knows he isn’t going to win it 😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

Who cares about TimAndy when Pippa’s bum was there too?

onehundredthidiot

but handsome and with a sparkling personality and the ability to woo women, judging by his other half. Oh and he makes a bit of money but that’s not important in true love.

Garry_Lager

Don’t mind him to be honest. He doesn’t have the common touch with the media, true – but he’s also not the usual anodyne UK sports celebrity who gives fawning, simpering interviews. He tries to be himself and doesn’t seem to give a fk about pandering to the heat magazine readership.

LycraLout
    Free Member

I am just getting bored hearing about him all the time when everyone knows he isn’t going to win it

Sort of like England in the World Cup then?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I think Andrew should just admit that it’s NEVER going to be a beard and get on to STW Chat Forum to find out what razor is best for him…

duckman

GET IN! lycra lout.

MartinGT
    Free Member

He needs a shave I know that the scruffy homme!

warton
    Free Member

I like him. He’s by far the best player Britain (certainly Scotland) has produced in a long time, he has a very good chance of winning it this time round, and he’s himself, says what he thinks.

neninja
    Free Member

He might be very talented but also humourless atmosphere vacuum.

Tsonga gets my vote for the title after yesterdays amazing performance.

neil853
    Free Member

I’m sorry but I can’t stand the bloke, his whole attitude irritates me, just my opinion like but i turn the tv off when he’s playing.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I kinda like him, he can knockaballaboutabit so you can’t diss him for that, he’s focused on his game, clean and healthy.

He does need a stylist though, that fluff and wild hair thing..
    Sooooo Nooooo..

donsimon
    Free Member

Is this another case of setting the guy up for a fall? It’s a strange trait that helps to build the poor guy to be successful then the moment he can achieve something in come the detractors.

neil853
    Free Member

I couldn’t care a less if he’s succsesful or not, its his attitude (and he looks like a scruff)

rewski
    Free Member

Shut up will ya!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Pippa’s bum is sooooo overrated . . . .

it’s just the bum of a skinny woman . . . . . .

According to the missus . . . 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

I am becoming so bored of hearing about Andy Murray

Well I’m becoming bored of people whining about him.

British sportsman with bags of talent and commitment, and a shot at the big(ger) time. Brilliant 🙂

I don’t see anything wrong with his attitude. Ok so he’s a bit bland at post-match interviews but he clearly hates doing it, and I probably would to. Just finished 2-3 hours of psychologically demanding sport and some simpering pillock shoves a mic in your face and asks you idiotic questions.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I love how the English fans treat the UK tennis champions.

Build up Henman and then knock him down when he doesn’t win…Murray?…just knock him down.

And you wonder why the Scots have something against you?

ransos
    Free Member

Murray is a talented, successful sportsman who doesn’t feel the need to trot out false platitudes in order to make less talented and successful people like him.

neil853
    Free Member

yeah, because modern day sport of any type is not media driven is it…..

Look at Federer’s interview after he lost yesterday, calm, collected and full of sportsmanship for the chap who just battered him for three sets. It’s not jumping on the bandwaggon, its just my opinion.

Markie
    Free Member

I think he comes across really well now – and I feel kinda bad for not liking him when he first came on the scene because of his way in interviews… he was only 18, why should he have been smooth and media savvy?!

donsimon
    Free Member

why should he have been smooth and media savvy?!

I guess it’s because it’s now an accepted part of the job.

13thfloormonk

I was proud of him for not having shaved when he met the royal couple, shame he ruined it by bowing to them 8)

DenDennis
    Free Member

I propose an Andy Murray grand-slam-count-in-running totaliser.

I’m happy to take on the task for now:

TOTAL TO DATE: zero

next update shortly 😀

jp-t853

He is a very gifted tennis player, he doesn’t need to be anything else.

He speaks his mind and is not much different to any other 24 year old in that respect. His dedication to improving his game however should be a real inspiration.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Tsonga winning the title this year would make me smile…

scottyjohn
    Free Member

He reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite! Even the voice is identical!

MrSmith
    Free Member

And you wonder why the Scots have something against you?

because they are jingoistic and full of their own self importance?
    only i think you find most of the rest of the U.K. don’t really really care about jocks thumping their chests, it’s this indifference that seems to annoy them though 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

I’m sure all the STW Murray-haters have wonderful media friendly personalities, are clean shaven, handsome and always say what you don’t actually believe to make people you don’t know like you more 🙄

D0NK

trying to decide if 100thidiot is serious.

Yes media saturation of a sporting event can be tiresome but wimbledon hasn’t topped football levels yet so I’m not too bothered.

Wonders what the footy fans would say if TdF completely saturated the media a la world cup frenzy….

uplink
    Free Member

STW Murry-haters

I’m just a STW tennis-hater, I don’t discriminate because of his unfortunate nationality, he can’t help that 😉

trailmonkey

i’ll level with you. i hope he loses cos he’s a jock.

just like the jocks that want england to lose at football.

nothing wrong with that. perfectly normal.

iDave
    Free Member

just like the jocks non-english across the globe that want england to lose at football.

trailmonkey

no one likes us, we don’t care.

crazy-legs

I’m sure all the STW Murray-haters have wonderful media friendly personalities, are clean shaven, handsome and always say what you don’t actually believe to make people you don’t know like you more

I’m further sure that everyone on STW is ranked considerably higher than number 4 in the world at their chosen sport.

It’s always the same isn’t it – massive media coverage of “oh yes he can do it, come on and get behind the British underdog” followed rapidly by “oh no, he’s failed, he’s shit, why did anyone let him near sport in the first place, let’s kick him a bit more”

I’m just waiting for that to happen with Bradley Wiggins in the TdF…
    🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Anyone but Murray…’ is closed to new replies.