Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone bought stuff on here from minifreerider aka lespinnerz before?
  • simmoz
    Free Member

Bought stuff (or thought i did) on here from this guy. Stuff hasnt turned up after nearly 3 weeks and he’s not answering my emails.

Anyone know him or have alternative contact details?

ta

scaredypants

far as I can see, that person has only ever posted on one thread on here

means nothing but makes me worried for your cash; how did you pay, paypal gift by any chance ?

Poopscoop

Minifreerider has sold tonnes on here….

Has he 2 accounts on here then?

simmoz
    Free Member

Well it’s the same email he gave me for paypal on the other posts – not sure why the second account..

Just worries cos I paypal gifted it (Yes..stupid I know)

Anyway not saying he’s not legit- just after a mob or another email

scaredypants

dunno about minifreerider; lespinnerz seemed to be the person who OP had been on a thread with

russyh
    Free Member

He has a pinkbike account.

simmoz
    Free Member

Yes sorry to clarify, I responded to a post by lespinnerz but searching the forum using his email showed he used to post under Minifreerider

nealglover
    Free Member

Can’t think of any legitimate reason for a classifieds only user to have more than one account. 🤔

cynic-al
    Free Member

The OP will certainly get a mob here!

convert

What the current expected best practice for payment and fees? I’ve seen a few that state ‘PPG or fees your end’. Is that considered what to expect? Ebay would be the other way around.

bruneep

I pay gift to those “I know” on here and full fat PP to those I don’t

Poopscoop

OP, have you sent him a PM from on here?

Tracey

If I’m selling I factor in the PayPal charges and the postage. I also post the next working day from receiving the payment and only post at the post office.

If I’m buying I tend to trust a few on here but would rather not just for protection.

I also have a list of people that I won’t buy from or sell to who have messed me about in the past.

bruneep

I also have a list of people that I won’t buy from or sell to who have messed me about in the past

Tracey I hate it when you send stuff out FOC, how can I muster a pitchfork mob when that happens

scaredypants

‘PPG or fees your end’. Is that considered what to expect?

I used to assume that was the way it would happen.  Did receive less than expected one of the few times I have sold anything on here and was a bit **** off; if I’d realised that refunds were so easy I’d have just done that and told them to foff but I sucked it up that once.

If I’m selling I factor in the PayPal charges and the postage

Yeah, I think I’d do that now – though haven’t sold anything for years.

Most of us are not a trader of any sort, so paypal is convenient but no big deal and I’d far prefer cash in hand.  The fee only protects the buyer (or enables the scammer!) so would depend on how any negotiation went – if somebody says “how about £x ?” and x is less than I asked for, then that’s the amount I expect to see in my account.

Begs the question: If “you” had factored in the charges and then were offered PPG, would you drop the price ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What the current expected best practice for payment and fees?

As much as the seller can get with the buyer providing any protection I think was the accepted method 😉

Tracey

Tend to buy a lot more on here than I sell and definitely not a trader. Can’t think of anyone who has offered to pay me PayPal gift and I wouldn’t ask for it.

simmoz
    Free Member

I only recently started using stw again after a long while (like 12years) as stopped biking.

Back then I bought and sold an absolute shed load of stuff, always paid paypal or even bank transfer, never had a problem. I don’t even remember  the friends and family option in paypal.

Will try another pm and mail, Hoping it’s just a case of poor comms and I’ll get me bits or a refund.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought stuff on here from minifreerider aka lespinnerz before?’ is closed to new replies.