Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone bought any decent smallish headphones lately?
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

I need to take some headphones on holiday for my ipod and I can’t wear the ‘in ear’ ones. Does anyone know of any decent sounding, not too big ones?

parkesie
    Free Member

I have some folding sony over ears in the old 80s flexi metal band style that are light comfortable and sound good. Had them a few years now so no idea if they still do them or an equivilant. Ill have a look on this here interweb see if can find them.

Edit. These ones.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I use a pair of Philips HN110 noise reduction headphones when I travel. Not sure they do the same model anymore. Depends how much you’re happy to spend. Maybe something like the Sony MDR-NC7 instead?

CountZero

Probably the best sounding small-ish over-ear ‘phones are the B&W ones, the P3’s, which fold up:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bowers-Wilkins-P3-On-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0082AQ81U
    I have tried them, and the more expensive P5’s, using my own iPod, and comparing them with my in-ear Shure SE215’s, and while they lack some of the top-end detail, they’re really very good indeed, much, much better than the equivalent priced Beats ‘phones, which, quite frankly, blow goats.
    Not cheap, but you’ll struggle to find better, and they have the big advantage of having interchangeable cables, giving a remote option if you use them with an iPhone.

earl_brutus

Can highly recommend these
    Akg k450
    A serious bargain and rave reviews in what hifi

shermer75
    Free Member

I always got on well with these, they fold up into their own bear little carry case

Sounds good….

falkirk-mark
    choppersquad
    Free Member

I like the look of the B&W ones but they’re a bit over my budget. Was thinking more of the £40 mark, and was looking at those Sennheiser ones in HMV today. They look nice and neat. Thanks for the input, gives me lots to look at, and if anyone else has any ideas then feel free to recommend anything to me.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Just had a look at AKG 450’s. They sound like a proper bargain! They look big but are they ‘normal’ sized rather than ‘Beats by Drey’ sized?
    Earl_brutus…..liking your taste in music unless you ‘re uncannily using your real name? 🙂

dannybgoode

Bit brightly coloured but I love mine.

Seriously good sound. Listened to them back to back against Dre Beats and these smashed it completely.

tomhoward

What earl Brutus said. Got mine for £40 about 3 weeks ago and they are ace! They really aren’t big, the cans are about 2.5in dia….

image by tom.howard.562, on Flickr

choppersquad
    Free Member

The AKG’s look perfect. Thanks for the photo Tom.
    Will order some tomorrow.
    The only problem is that my wife wants to nick my iPod on holiday and listen to her God awful Rizzle Kicks album. Should I ban her or just threaten divorce unless she gets some decent music taste?

prawny

Koss portapro are meant to be good, I’ve been meaning to get some for years but I get on best with in ears anyway.
    Maybe sennheiser px200?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought any decent smallish headphones lately?’ is closed to new replies.