• This topic has 49 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Ro5ey.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Anyone booked to go skiing in Switzerland?
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

@Ro5ey one of my favourite spots that, you can get lost for a whole evening in one of those corners 8) Great on the terrace in the Spring and the road next to it is the start point for a few decent bike trails to the bottom in the summer.

alpin
    Free Member

ach, ichk kan auchk ein bissl was sprechken und verstehen tu ichk auchk….

singletrackmind

The T/O may well have used the money market hedge funds to insure against this sort of thing. You can effectively bet against the market kicking you in the nuts . Whilst the cost is still there , its not going to be 20% .
    At least thats what my cousin did when he was company secretrary for MyTravel.

lucifer
    Free Member

Ro5ey, you will have a great time as lots of fresh snow is coming this weekend. I am watching the storm brewing from my window.
    For tour operators in Switzerland this will be a huge hit. It may seem to people coming here that they are being overcharged, however everything costs more here. Food is double the price in france, italy, spain or Austria and I am sure minimum wages there are half of what we pay our staff. Competing with other european companies can be crippling.
    For a small operator like us this will be devastating. No-one wants sympathy but we are certainly not and never have been ripping anyone off.
    For now, at least I have my ski pass.

RoterStern
    Free Member

An ex client of mine took out his mortgage in Swiss Francs as the rate was better a few years ago. Wondering how he’s feeling today! 😯

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Rotter, indeed. Lots of Eastern Europeans did the same thing. Talk of about 30% of some Polish clients/banks mortgages are in Swiss Francs ! Same thing in other countries.

A couple of FX brokers/small banks in a degree of trouble, West Hams shirt sponsor has declared bankruptcy.

Klunk
    Free Member
    growinglad
    Free Member

mortgage in Swiss Francs as the rate was better a few years ago.

Oh yes…I know this feeling, my property in Greece was bought in this manner….although knowing sweet FA about Financial things I’m told I’m “hedged”. Being a financial refugee I moved to the land of Cheese a few years back. Able to pay mortgage directly in CHF and popping over the Rhine and Holidays back in Greece just got a whole lot cheaper 🙂

I’ll try and forget the part where my house in Greece is no longer worth the purchase price…ho humm.

oliverracing

Up until 2012 I had a decent percentage of my savings in a Swiss bank account (I’m 1/4 Swiss and and it was made for me by my Swiss aunt when I was born), but decided to close it when they started charging to have an account as I had just turned 18, Seems that it would have been worth a whole lot more now!!! 😥

Ro5ey
    Free Member

you can get lost for a whole evening in one of those corners

Thats the plan

Not really interested in boarding that much anymore…. now I’m old and not hill fit…. It just upsets me that I can’t hoon it from the top to the bottom, hitting all the little fun bits on the way, without stopping…. 500 yards stop give the legs a rest, 500 years stop give the legs a rest… rubbish.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Anyone booked to go skiing in Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.