Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone biked the walkers Haute Route?
  • Spin
    Free Member

Toying with this for the summer having done the TdMB a few years back.

Can’t find a lot of info on biking it so any hints or tips would be good. Particularly any variants that avoid unbikeable bits.

Ta

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I can only imagine that you are entering a world of pain, however, good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Spin
    Free Member

How so?

carlphillips
    Free Member

ive walked it, it would be great apart from the glacier crossings and the unrideable climbs…
    would love to see a blog/report on it though…

jameso

Got a german bike mag just for the feature on riding that route. My german’s not good these days tho ) looks amazing, plenty of hike-a-bike but the good stuf in the alps often means a few carries. If you’re not in a rush I can copy the pages and mail them. Definately a route on my bikepacking wishlist.

Spin
    Free Member

glacier crossings

I assume you’re talking about the high level haute route. I’m referring to the lower level version with no glacier travel.

Spin
    Free Member

If you’re not in a rush I can copy the pages and mail them.

That would be grand I’m happycrenker at yahoo dot co dot uk

I found this guys walking blog and (as well as being a nice site) it looks like some awesome riding: http://www.mywalkingworld.com/cz2.htm

jameso

ok, will take the mag to the office next time I’m in. feel free to remind me if you don’t see it in a week-10 days. edit – gotta find it now ..

Spin
    Free Member

Anyone on the Monday shift?

jameso

Spin, PM your address if you still want a photocopy of the article, found the mag.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone biked the walkers Haute Route?’ is closed to new replies.