Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone been to Geneva on a biking holiday?
  • stevenc
    Free Member

Anyone?? Thinking of going in August. Girlfriend has family who have a house there. I won’t have a car so it will have to be local. Are the trails anygood?? What’s access to the trails like?? All and any input welcome.

mattjg
    Free Member

I’ve passed thru Geneva a lot.

Got to be worth a look up here, that’s rideable from the city: http://www.geneve-tourisme.ch/?rubrique=0000000026

rent a car and you can get to Les Gets/Morzine in an hour and a tad

maybe the trains can take you north into the Vosges, there must be some nice stuff up there

bajsyckel

Never ridden around Geneve itself but probably some decent stuff round about (perhaps not as great as other Swiss cities but still…). Getting elsewhere for day trips using the trains and postbuses is however child’s play. Loads of stuff (both alpine and less alpine) that would be doable in daytrips from the city using public transport.

moniex
    Free Member

a couple of hours by train should get you to Portes Du Soleil. We go to champery and that is about 2.5 hours by train from geneva airport.

Simone

iDave
    Free Member

I sort of half live in Geneva form spring to autumn. Loads of great trails in the Jura, which is France but only a few miles away. Road riding is amazing.

iDave
    Free Member

Find divonne les bains on google maps. look up and left. enjoy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to Geneva on a biking holiday?’ is closed to new replies.