Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone been to Annaheim?
  • shooterman

I am looking around for a summer holiday and annaheim caught my eye. if you are not going to disney every day, is there much else to do?

highclimber
    Free Member

nothing really. go to san diego!

busydog
    Free Member

Lived there a long time ago. Nothing out of the ordinary beyond Disneyland, but does put you in a location that is sort of central to getting out to all of S. CA. You will find lodging much more reasonable than any of the beach areas, which you can get to easily enough if you are renting a vehicle.
    Massive amount of traffic anywhere in the Los Angeles basin, but not too difficult to get around in, especially if you avoid the morning and evening rush hour.

busydog
    Free Member

go to san diego!

I’d vote for that also—actually anwhere along the coast between Los Angeles and San Diego. Most places north up the coast from Los Angeles nice as well.

wallop

Just don’t go to Los Angeles.

Pigface
    Free Member

In the middle of the OC a very very strange place 😆 home of the Angels and as you say Disney et al. As a base it is fine and loads of places to go, Huntington Beach, eat at the Harbourmaster up in Seal Beach.

For the best Bagels ever go to Katella Deli in Los Alamitos.

The coast to the south is worth exploring, Newport, Cardiff, San Clemente.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

wallop – Member
    Just don’t go to Los Angeles.

Or Las Vegas. Two utter dumps.

Newport Beach is rather nice, though. As was Foothill Ranch, oddly. The only bits of SoCal I liked on my last trip over there.

shooterman

Any hotel recommendations?

Pigface
    Free Member

I have always slummed it or been staying with friends so not really sorry.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I only stay in business hotels when off and away, but I can say that the pool at the Century Plaza, on Avenue of the Stars in LA, is lovely. As is sitting in one of the cabanas, with a cold beer, watching some lithe LA lass doing yoga right in front of the cabana! 🙂

shooterman

Any discount for dropping your name CFH?

Pigface
    Free Member

Drop mine and you are liable to be Maced 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My name? No.

I get a nice shiny corporate rate there, though! 😉

Not the best hotel, to be honest, but close to Beverly Hills and less ott than the real “Hollywood” hotels, imho.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to Annaheim?’ is closed to new replies.