Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone been to Andorra biking?
  • robbonzo
    Free Member

Me and the Missus have decided to sod this country and its crap weather, and do a bit of a road trip down the west coast of France and end up in Andorra for the DH world cup end of July.

Anyone know what the bike park is like? Do they get big crowds there for world cups? We will be taking the trail bikes and wondering if there’s some nice singletrack etc? Ta

ianv
    Free Member

Andorra is really good, Valnord is the better of the two parks but granvalira/soldau is pretty good as well. I am pretty sure it will be busy on the wc weekend but it will be a laugh. The new wc course runs from the resort down to massana so it might be possible to ride if they keep the other lifts running. All the tracks are dh ones but pretty much everything is doable on a trail bike. Longer singletrack stuff is available but I have only done a bit and a vehicle uplift or local knowledge/might be needed.

I gave my son the choice of whistler or Andorra this summer. We are there for the wc as well!

robbonzo
    Free Member

Cheers for the info Ianv, sounds great, and im really looking forward to the WC what with the way the series is going so far. Must be good if he chose it over Whistler!

ianv
    Free Member

I doubt if it’s as good as whistler but there is no bears and he likes the attention he gets from the locals 🙂

If you are coming from the western side of France, I would also recommend a day at ax les thermes on the way in to Andorra. Pretty good little park with a more enduro feel to it. For xc, the area round font romeau and les angles is pretty good (marked trails as well as uplifted stuff). Leave Andorra towards Spain and head for puigcerda.

The track for the Andorra wc should be mega. The terrain they intend to use is steep, rooty and rocky. Really looking forward to seeing what they have come up with.

daveh
    Free Member

Robbonzo, I need to get in touch with you, pretty important. Email in profile.

kayak23

We drove down through France to there last summer. We loved Andorra. We also visited les Angles park which was fun too.Not entirely a million miles away you have La Massana in Spain which is brilliant.

[video]http://vimeo.com/m/50965754[/video]

ianv
    Free Member

And, by the time of the wc the upper lifts will be open. Not featured on the vid but the trails off the cubil lift are some of the funnest in the park.

hora
    Free Member

Tick. How much accomodationwise is it?

ianv
    Free Member

Campsites are some of the most expensive I have ever used, e25 for 2 people per night. Hotels are apparently a similar price! Lots of people just wild camp at the park ( or sleep in their vans) and no one seems bothered.

kayak23

Lots of people just wild camp

8)

And, by the time of the wc the upper lifts will be open

Yeah, we were there on weekdays and didn’t realise they would be shut. Still good though..

ianv
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFift78y8_o[/video]

robbonzo
    Free Member

So having never been to a world cup, is it free to watch? I assume you just pay for the lift? Video looks great.

robbonzo
    Free Member

emailed you now DaveH.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to Andorra biking?’ is closed to new replies.