Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Anyone been out today.
  • gears_suck
    Free Member

I think I’ve got trench foot.

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

Pictures for proof 😛

sambob
    Free Member

Incredibly dry on my short ride in the Peaks. May well be that the ground is frozen, as the puddles were iced over, but I finished the ride remarkably clean.

mattbee

QECP. Like riding on velcro covered in relly thick cold gravy. Picked up a puncture to the van tyre in the car park too so it cost me £180….

Keva
    Free Member

yep, just rode up and down the road to adjust the new front mech that I fitted this morning. Bright and blue skies here in the sunny south 🙂

martinhutch

Quick 20-miler in the Dales. Beautiful weather. Lots of ice and terrified-looking roadies.

madhouse

Not yet, meeting the guys at 3.

djflexure

Ran 3 miles – shoes still at door, can’t face them.
    9 year old daughter is definitely now quicker that me.
    I’ve had a light lunch and nothing else till tea time

maxtorque

A couple of hrs round Woburn! Actually not too bad under tyre, except for the new “push up” they have built from a perfectly nice stoney track that has now been turned into 5″ deep soft sand and mud slog by the foresters.

I might well be riding a mountain bike, but compared to this:

my bike is rubbish off road 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes just back from a 65mile roadie in the Downs. Roads are still running with field run off and it’s gritty and shale covered lanes so watch for punctures.
    Suns out, warm and a cool Northerly making hacking along a pleasure.
    Shades on, which makes a blooming change.
    8)

jota180
    Free Member

. Lots of ice and terrified-looking roadies.

I resemble that remark 🙂

40 miles this morning, at times my ring piece was going like a rabbit’s nose

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Couple of hours local round Bingley. Came back clean – plenty of mud but all frozen.

Scapegoat

I took the bike out for an hour while my lad was at rugby training. Found some good bridleways and even a bit of tasty (if a bit cheeky) singletrack around Castle Hill, Farnley Tyas and Almondbury.

Dylan08
    Free Member

2hr solo ride early doors, nice easy local loop plod (it was just getting light) nice and crisp, needed to clear the head before inlaws arrived, did the job! 🙂

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

Little track near Scout Scar I come across while riding today.

porlus
    Free Member

Attempted a 17 mile off road ride. Pushed bikes across two really claggy muddy fields. Tyres looked like a fat bike. Mates were getting in a mood. 3 miles into the ride they called it a day. I stayed out and did a 25 mile ride home.

andyl
    Free Member

just went out for a 2 1/2 hour dog walk instead (Mendips). Weather is fantastic, paths not too muddy but due to the logging going on at the moment I’m glad I wasn’t on the bike on that route as I had a lot of fun clambering over the many trees left across the footpaths without a bike to have to pick up too.

cinnamon_girl

Gorgeous day for exploring and even found some singletrack. 8) Took my binoculars cos I was seeking out some birdies but it was too bloomin’ windy to hang around.

Really interesting day and even came across some friendly dogs. 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

Yup fine around Cannock today. Sunny and quite a few people out.

weeksy

Muddy around Fingest. Did about 15 muddy miles

binners

Just back from a quality few hours on my own. A bit of exploring delivered some fantastic new cheeky singletrack! The ground was frozen, with the icy puddles cracking under the tyres! It doesn’t get much better than that! 😀

singlespeedstu

Yep been out today.

My first off road ride on a singlespeed in a very long time.
    It’s taught me that riding with gears and neglecting the ss has turned me into an unfit fatknacker. 😳

I need to rectify this from now on.

Still the sun was out and I hardly saw another soul.
    Which was nice.

Quick pic from today.

New Bike Transporter by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

globalti
    Free Member

28 miles on the roadie for a coffee in Chipping. Some ice on the back roads but main roads OK. Damned cold going down the long fast hill to the Ribble near Ribchester.

Megatron

I did the silly thing and took a singlespeed to the Dark Peak. Lots of fun 🙂
    Quite a few others out enjoying the sun.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Due to manky weather we went out but did 66miles on the road bikes! Deaded now though as got to furthest point and ar** head wind all the way back! luckily I had the derney of Crashtestmonkey on the front for about 98km to drag me home!!! Great day out and gorgeous weather for it .

IainAhh
    Free Member

Was up Dumyat above Stirling. Cracking clear dry day today after days of lashing rain. Pretty slidy, but new rear mud tyre made a hell of a difference. All clothing going straight in the wash after comedy mishap in a bog.

Vortexracing

Went out for an hour on the newly painted Kona Unit

P1050038 by eastham_david, on Flickr

P1050036 by eastham_david, on Flickr

thorpie
    Free Member

Greno and Wharncliffe this morning, mudfest in places!

lehutch
    Free Member

Took my Yeti out for the first time today after spending yesterday evening building it, up to Stanmer Park, did about 3/4 of the brighton big dog course. Was muddy, claggy and energy sapping. The Yeti was amazing….

lehutch
    Free Member

Double post

rOcKeTdOg

43 miles seemingly into a head wind today, lovely and sunny though, even 2 punctures didn’t spoil it, my legs are going to hate tomorrows single speed ride though

schmiken

Took the tandem out offroad with the missus. 10 miles round Belvoir was bloody hard work.

teamslug
    Free Member

Great ride around Dalby red and Black today. Arrived at 9am to a carpark and trails covered in 2″ of snow. Til it started melting about 12ish was really good riding. Bloody cold feet though.

forge197
    Free Member

No Pic’s but 21 miles on the New Blue and Taur at Coed y Brenin

99percentchimp
    Free Member

Yup… ’twas very nice! Just north of you forge 😀
    Todays Ride[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8335/8437935055_5cfa935c86_c.jpg[/img]

souldrummer
    Free Member

Went out for about 2 1/2 hours on the road bike. Blooming cold wind but lovely and sunny so all good.

forge197
    Free Member

99percentchimp that looks a nice part of the world too, lovely riding conditions today

ratadog

10 miles or so up and down the edge of the North York Moors behind the house. Snowed a little this morning and thawed at lunch to add to the pre-existing mud fest. Cold wind but warm enough in the sun. Glad to get out as ice and work kept me off the bike for 10 days or so.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Went round Gisburn this afternoon with my nephew. Very icy in places ( the boardwalk sections were lethal ) but we now know why we go first thing on the morning, chuff me it was busy. Did the new volunteer section for the first time today which was good, hats off to the builders.

rj
    Free Member

A few laps of Cathkin Braes to make the most of the (relatively) mild temperature and glorious sunshine. Even had to take off my jacket and change to thinner gloves after the first lap.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been out today.’ is closed to new replies.