Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • anyone been on a guided mtb ride in Majorca?
  • Leon
    Free Member

I’ll be there on a family holiday. Thinking of taking one day to go on a guided ride (with a hire bike). Off road ideally, XC/ trail style, not uplifts!

Any experience or recommendations?

jobro
    Free Member

Tramuntana tours I found very good. Lovely riding of an XC nature. Shop in Soller and Puerto de Soller.
    Andy is the guys name I think.

tomhoward

Tramuntana tours I found very good. Lovely riding of an XC nature. Shop in Soller and Puerto de Soller.
    Andy is the guys name I think.

/thread.

belugabob
    Free Member

Didi at coastal adventures will look after you.
    Had a great ride from the shop in Alcudia, ah few years back.
    He’s one of the jolliest Germans that I’ve met.
    Go and see him as soon as you can, to book a day that suits

P.S. watch out for the brake levers being on the opposite side to the UK standard.

chiefgrooveguru

Whereabouts will you be? I was there six weeks ago down in the south west and found that Rad International would hire me a fairly decent Canyon Spectral quite cheaply. When I brought it back I met their MTB guide (all the others were roadies – summer is out of season for Mallorca biking) said if he’d known in advance he’d have taken me out for a ride, so it’s worth getting in touch if you’re down in Peguera or thereabouts. There’s a new trail centre above the town – it isn’t signed yet but it’s all rideable. I did a lot of pushing up and trying not to die on the way back down!

Make sure you get the brakes swapped around – the trails are steep, rocky and loose so you will be needing them!

julians
    Free Member

we’re going at the end of october with http://www.tramuntbike.com , not used them before , and havent heard much, so its a bit experimental, but we’re going to do the tramuntana mountain range end to end over 3 days, see here for info:-

http://tramuntbike2.blogspot.com.es/2012/06/la-isla-de-mallorca-de-punta-punta.html

PS chiefgrooveguro – how do you get to the trail centre near to paguera? I quite fancy visiting it.

mallorcadave
    Free Member

Give me a shout I can show you a few local trails,I live in Alaro which is in the center of the tramuntana mountain range
    my facebook page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘anyone been on a guided mtb ride in Majorca?’ is closed to new replies.