• This topic has 16 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by alpin.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone applied for a passport recently?
  • stonster
    Free Member

I’ve been invited to a wedding in Germany on the 1st August, but foolishly managed to let passport expire. I’ve just applied online. Anyone know how long it’s taking at the moment?

eyestwice
    Free Member

You’ll probably have seen the notice but I can’t find any indication of actual lead times.

I’ve delayed my holiday on that basis. And also because I want to be guaranteed a shiny blue (or apparently) black one.

(I haven’t *actually* delayed my holiday, but I *am* delaying my renewal for said reason).

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Taken a little over 2 weeks for approval so far (just approved on Friday afternoon). No eta on the actual document yet…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fadda

My sons renewal was received back inside 3 weeks very recently, although his was sent off before the expiry date

alpin
    Free Member

Mines been with the PO since mid June.

Since then I’ve only received an email telling me to expect delays….

Might be different for me as I’m in Germany and applying from overseas.

andrewh
    Free Member

Took about a fortnight in March if that’s any use

jimmy

Last time I did mine it took just under a week with an online application. Have just done my daughter’s and they did nothing during lockdown, so they might have a backlog.

doomanic

My son had a renewed passport in about 10 days.

EDIT: applied online on 21st May, new passport dispatched on 29th May.

HughStew

I just got a new passport, took 12 days. Did you use a digital photo? I was quite impressed with the ease and slickness of the service. Disappointed that I got a new blue (nearly black) passport.

ocrider

My application from abroad is taking it’s time and just to make matters worse it took 10 days for the old passport sent as a 24hr document to get to Durham, by way of Marseille-Leipzig(?!)-Lyon-Newcastle.
    I’ve also had polite mails telling me to expect delays.

stonster
    Free Member

Good news – passport has arrived! So the answer would appear to be about 10 days, if you apply online. Slick!

tomcrow99

Just got mine back and it took just under 3 weeks. The black looks quite smart.

meesterbond

Missusbond lost hers a month or so back with holiday looming at the beginning of August… sent in the forms etc all correctly authorised and notarised on the 29th June. New (blue) passport received yesterday so despite the warnings and lack of priority applications they still seem to working pretty efficiently.

survivor

Thankfully this thread reminded me my passport had run out last year as I’d agreed an Alps trip in four weeks.

Online application was a doddle, sent in my old passport and two days later it’s approved and on its way inside of a week 👍

tekp2
    Free Member

Applied to renew my sons passport on 7 June online. Confirmed identity and posted docs next day. Docs acknowledged 15 June. New passport received 9 July.

The online service has come on leaps and bounds – thank you GDS.

burko73

Do they send you a free daily mail with the new blue ones?

alpin
    Free Member

Still waiting for mine. Didn’t stop me spending last weekend in Italy….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone applied for a passport recently?’ is closed to new replies.