Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Anyone any news on the new cafe at Glyncorrwg?
  • Zoolander
    Free Member

As above
    Is the new version of the cafe previously known as the drop off open yet? or any news on when it may open?
    Am up there soon and it would be handy to know.

Cheers

Zoolander
    Free Member

Bump

float
    Free Member

wasn’t open last time i went up about a month ago, apparently theyre refurbishing it (according to skyline). not sure when it will be open again though.

Ambrose

Perhaps also worth knowing that the Bus Cafe at Brechfa has now been pulled 🙁

paulwf

Has the bus been permanently pulled?

superfli
    Free Member

Hope they are open by 5/6th March, I’m taking a trip over there 😐

oxforddan
    Free Member

The cafe was still closed last weekend but there was a small van doing drinks . Best option – do the w2 and stop at bryn bettws cabbins for some food , not as good as old drop off but better than afan argoed .

SpeedyG
    Free Member

I was up there today and still nothing, had to stop in Tescos for warm sausage roll and jaffa cakes on way home! Oh how common. 😆

br
    Free Member

Vote with our feet guys, maybe even the Welsh might get the message!

Zoolander
    Free Member

Oh well there’s always the hall ( pub in glencorrwg ) not much cop for post ride food though.

GrunkaLunka
    Free Member

Ah the Hall…. Last time I was in there the locals had formed some sort of “Wales has got Talent” show… Asking some village children for directions to the nearest pub was good fun – “I knows I’m steamin right, but…”

Special_ized_Jamie

Poo was going to go up there on Sunday and always enjoyed the food at the Drop Off.

Will head to Cwm Carn instead!

backhander
    Free Member

The food and cafe at cwmcarn are shocking!

Zoolander
    Free Member

Aye Grunka, have had a few good evenings in the hall. The locals are really friendly – Halloween was kind if interesting though! And for the love of god don’t go in there if X Factors on!

GrunkaLunka
    Free Member

They’re a good bunch when they’re done teasing the biker boys, but it can be a bit of a shock for out of towners! Don’t let appearances put you off though, perhaps there’s a couple of chefs looking for employment that could turn the Hall into THE place to be..?!

paulwf

The hall will order you a takeaway to be delivered and then set you up a table in the old training room if you ask them 😀

Zoolander
    Free Member

Yep – had a takeaway in their rather odd miner’s cave room. Loads of history to the place – I like it.
    You are right though – plenty of room in that old building for them to cater for mountain bikers – they could make a mint and still keep the bar for the locals to enjoy……

M1llh0use
    Free Member

So plan ahead and another metre of Jaffa cakes… 😉

Zoolander
    Free Member

Aye Millhouse
    I could even do bacon sandwiches ……. Oh no … Wait… Scrap that 😉

z1ppy

Hoping to pop down on Saturday, if they haven’t managed to get the cafe open for then (posted above) anyone got any recommendation locally? (or between there and cwm carn!)
    Aiming to do Glyncorrwg in the morning and then drive down to Cwm Carn in the afternoon, would prefer to eat before we get to Cwm carn though, so it’s has time to go down before that lovely climb.

Never been impressed with the cafe at afan, and a pub/takeway mid riding ain’t really an option.

johnyg
    Free Member

Cafe opened on Wednesday 20th April. Popped in on Good Friday, and Drop Off it aint. Furniture is straight out of IKEA and the place is soul-less. Women serving appear to be the same staff as the Drop Off, and my panini and coffee were OK. Menu at the moment is limited, however the staff were un-packing brand new crockery etc. Hopefully cookers etc are on the way.

stayhigh

There was no sign of cafe bus last week when at Glencorrwg, we ended up having a very nice pub lunch at the Black Lion instead.

We stayed at bryn bettws cabins for the weekend, the food was functional but nothing special. We ate twice at th Afan Lodge which was very nice.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Anyone any news on the new cafe at Glyncorrwg?’ is closed to new replies.