Anyone added their kids teachers to FaceBook?

Home Forum Chat Forum Anyone added their kids teachers to FaceBook?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Anyone added their kids teachers to FaceBook?
  • Erm, I wouldn’t.

She might post a link from the EDL. 😀

Premier Icon cp
    Subscriber

You want to see what your kids teacher gets up to outside of work? ** I’d rather live in denial!

If you need her for occasional baby sitting, then I’d just ask her for a mobile number should you need it.

** Unless the facebook page is for her baby sitting business, in which case, friend up.

wrecker

Is she hot?

Premier Icon andycs
    Subscriber

You may find the school has a policy of not allowing teachers to have parents as friends on Facebook. A friend of mine became a teacher at the school her children attend. The school asked her to delete any friends who had children at the school.

Premier Icon MSP
    Subscriber

Wrecker has it, if she’s hot get on their and start fantasising, if she’s not let your wife friend her.

wrecker

Wrecker has it, if she’s hot get on their and start fantasising, if she’s not let your wife friend her.

Or just go into her pics, right click and save as……..JOKING I’M JOKING

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

It wouldn’t seem right. If a teacher has a ‘professional’ account this might work out though. My sister is an A level teacher and she friends her students, and she uses it to good effect communicating with them about their studies. Of course, a professional account would be much better, but I think now she has them set up in ‘circles’ or whatever the FB word for it is.

Premier Icon davosaurusrex
    Subscriber

My wife is a primary school teacher and doesn’t use FB for this reason. She regularly gets asked by pupils if she’s on there as they want to friend her.

grum

My sister is an A level teacher and she friends her students, and she uses it to good effect communicating with them about their studies.

Most schools have a policy against doing this to guard against potential grooming.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Hmm.. interesting point, although it’s an FE college so they may not be so cagey. Plus I have not enquired if it’s only the adults on there.

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

You want to see what your kids teacher gets up to outside of work?

Or do you want your kid’s school to know what you get up to?

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Martin H – I’m quite careful with my FB these days.

wrecker – Member
    Is she hot?

She is, and I would, hence the hint toward lechery. More so since I’ve seen some of her public pictures (aka she polishes up rather well, although she is starting from a good base)

I do feel as though its crossing a professional boundary though.

I’ve already thought about this too much… 😳

will

Based on the teachers I know I wouldn’t add her.

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Martin H – I’m quite careful with my FB these days.

she polishes up rather well, although she is starting from a good base)

I do feel as though its crossing a professional boundary though.

I’ve already thought about this too much…

Let’s hope you’ve been equally careful about concealing your STW name from your missus!

I’d be interested in refiling through my daughters maths teachers holiday/bikini snaps on facebook but that’s about as far as it goes.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

So my kids nursery teacher popped up on my FB as “someone I might know”. Intinctively I’ve left the “add friend” button alone, as I suspect adding her to my FB might come across a bit creepy / lecherous.

She is my kids favorite though, and she offers babysitting outside of her nursery work, so it’d be useful to keep in contact (KJ01 is leaving for school soon and she’s off to have a baby).

Anyone else done it?

my daughters nursery has a policy of not allowing the staff to ‘friend’ any of the parents.

I – imagine how many Dads would try to friend the hot staff 😆 😯

lizzz

I’m surprised there are teachers out there who don’t have bombproof privacy settings. Friends who are teachers are all pretty much impossible to find on there, no photos are public etc.

Premier Icon cr500dom
    Subscriber

I was teaching engineering at a college for a year and a lot of the students would Add the lecturers.
    I found it rather uncomfortable as a lot of the students were posting pics and stuff of their freinds enjoying themselves with really no thought of whos news feeds that would pop up on……

I didnt really want to be walking around at work (Where “Safeguarding” of the students welfare is paramount) with the very real feeling of “Im sorry, I didnt recognise you with clothes on, rather than just your underwear”….

I just didnt need to be exposed to all that.

Dickyboy

Friends who are teachers are all pretty much impossible to find on there, no photos are public etc.

Friends who are teachers all use false names on FB – I got a friend request from one of them & couldn’t work out who it was – up piped my son, oh thats Jane she teaches at *** school, you know mum’s friend 😀

Premier Icon mboy
    Subscriber

An ex of mine, head of year 10 at a quite posh grammar school no less by her early 30’s, was still VERY much the life and soul of every party within a 10 mile radius at the weekends…

Most of her Facebook photos were of her exceptionally drunk, doing stupid things, making lewd gestures (cigar in the mouth with her tongue puffing her cheek out being one for instance!) and generally being everything you’d hope your kid’s teacher isn’t!

Now don’t get me wrong, she’s an awesome teacher, she’s calmed down and got married now too, but she was always known as a party girl and needed the weekends to release and be stupid and share it with her friends! Come Monday morning she’d have switched back into full on professional mode, where all her pupils loved her and she was very well respected by her colleagues… I’m sure if she’d allowed even one of her pupils or colleagues access to her Facebook page though, word would quickly have got out, and compromised the whole situation!

As has been said above… If you REALLY need to contact her at times, a mobile phone number or an email address will be fine. Sadly, everyone judges others by the content of their Facebook pages, so it’s not wise really!

Premier Icon househusband
    Subscriber

No way!

I’m a Scottish secondary teacher and we’ve had a few cases of kids coming up with spoof Facebook accounts for teachers. I’m on Facebook; kids will ask me if I am – I’ve challenged one or two to try finding me (more to check my own privacy settings) and not one has.

wrecker

She is, and I would, hence the hint toward lechery. More so since I’ve seen some of her public pictures (aka she polishes up rather well, although she is starting from a good base)

So in summary, you have no need to be this womans FB friend in any professional or social capacity. And you’re worried that this could be interpreted at lechery? 😀
    Not much interpretation required IMO.

duckman

househusband – Member
    No way!

I’m a Scottish secondary teacher and we’ve had a few cases of kids coming up with spoof Facebook accounts for teachers. I’m on Facebook; kids will ask me if I am – I’ve challenged one or two to try finding me (more to check my own privacy settings) and not one has.

Posted 37 minutes ago #

This; also in Scotland and my authority has a policy of asking ALL staff to ensure that their proflie is 100% private, of course they can’t force you to do this…However I would question your understanding of your professional duty if you wanted to be friends with pupils OR staff.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Anyone added their kids teachers to FaceBook?’ is closed to new replies.