Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anybody watching Salamander?
  • globalti
    Free Member

Good, innit? Last two episodes tonight, we’re all agog to see what happens when Gerardi meets Wolfs at his home.

We’ve enjoyed this one because it’s been easier to follow than some of the Danish offerings – maybe because the producers have to make the plot clear for Flemish audiences? They certainly make it easy with the flashbacks in negative to remind us.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve thought it’s been pretty good. Not convinced it’s been easier, or harder to follow than any of the others.
    I can’t believe that anyone would let the oily man with the oily hair and oily suit into any organisation though 🙂

woody74

Brilliant series looking forward to tonight.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Good fun series. BTW is it really that easy to hotwire a corsa?

I can’t believe that anyone would let the oily man with the oily hair and oily suit into any organisation though

Although they are sartorially far more sensible, perhaps it is meant for us to wonder how the Coulsons and Crosbys of this world get the interests of their friends and associates to leapfrog those of the wider electorate. I have no doubt that there are oily-suited men in-but-not-in governments all over western europe, although maybe without the murdering bits.

IanMunro
    Free Member

BTW is it really that easy to hotwire a corsa?

Yup that irked me too! 😀
    I like fiction to be true to it’s own internal logic. So if Gerardi was blessed with supernatural powers that meant he could bypass ECUs then fair enough, but he isn’t so it grated a bit. Should have chosen and older car, some other method.
    The landrover / merc advertising is subtle too..

julianwilson
    Free Member

That landrover is ruuuuude. 😀 If they drove an old van into a ploughed field, I hope to see the landrover ragged across something a bit lumpier.

globalti
    Free Member

Well there’s plenty you could criticize – the car explosion that killed Mrs Gerardi (Karen?) was clearly a big gas “whump” and not an explosion but what the heck.

ART

It’s brill! Looking forward to the finale tonight. We just need a bit more Spiral or The Bridge to deal with the pending viewing gap.

tang
    Free Member

I missed last week and not had a chance to catch up. Gerardi is the man.

Marin
    Free Member

Great series. Is it just me that thinks the banker Jonkhere looks like Baron Greenback?

cinnamon_girl

First episode sent me to sleep, it was so dull and boring. Bring back the Scandi dramas!

thom
    Free Member

Agree, not been up to the usual standard… but I’ll watch it tonight anyway!
    Fingers crossed for Spiral next week

IanMunro
    Free Member

I couldn’t really get into spiral. Just seemed like a UK cop programme but in French.
    That said, I only saw the odd bits of it which probably wasn’t a good way to judge it.

torihada
    Free Member

just missed the start so I’m wasting time on here until its available on i-player catchup…….

but, yes I find it gripping, despite the odd inconsistency. Agree with IanMunro; really, the greasy guy works for the Belgium PM?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Being back Monti I say.

cinnamon_girl

Fingers crossed for Spiral next week

Really? Where and when? Juge Roban is brilliant, what a cunning fox!

tang
    Free Member

This is on next week

Inspector De Luca is made by Ager 3/Rai Radiotelevisione Italiana. A four-part crime series based on the novels by Carlo Lucarelli, it is set in and around Bologna during the tumultuous years of Mussolini’s dictatorship. Inspector De Luca is an investigator whose brutal honesty and uncompromising character may help him solve cases, but combined with his love of women, they also conspire to get him in trouble…

eviljoe
    Free Member

Gerardi is indeed fantastic. He does however run like a girl.

If a little light plot manipulation means he gets to hotwire Corsa’s double quick rather than see him flailing his arms around as he tries to get away on foot, then it is a small price to pay.

Other than that, cracking bit of drama. There is a subtle difference between the Flemish speakers and the French speakers which makes me want to investigate Belgian history a little further. All the cars and phones seem about 10 years old though?

globalti
    Free Member

Not really – there are some recent models of cars and phones there. No androids, admittedly.

The whole Flamand-Walloon thing is quite interesting. I admit I know very little about it but I liken it to the traditional friction between English and Welsh. In about episode eight one of the French speakers did mutter: “Flemish idiot” at somebody.

To add interest I’ve just come back from a trip to Kinshasa in the former Belgian Congo, which is a fascinating city and far more civilised that Lagos, where I’ve been going for 28 years.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anybody watching Salamander?’ is closed to new replies.