Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Anybody used these pedals?
  • becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I’m looking for some reasonably lightweight, grippy, flat pedals but without paying the earth for them.

These seem to fit the bill quite well…has anybody got any experiences with them?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=58617

slowrider
    Free Member

for about the same money (but a bit of a wait) you can get some ti axled wellgo v12 copies off ebay. think they come from hong kong, great little pedal for the money, weigh about 350-360g for the pair.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Check these out. Think they are the same as the superstar ones but at an even more ridiculous price. Mine turned up the other day and for the money they’rrrrr ggggreat. Not used in anger yet so I can’t coment on the durability.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/eXotic-Alloy-6061-Flat-Pedal-w-Replaceable-Pins-/190510048273?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item2c5b48a411#ht_1276wt_922

sc-xc

The lightest pedals in the universe (and as yet undiscovered universes) are for sale over there —>

No – not in Glasses Direct or Planet Fear before you ask…in the classifieds!

GavinB

Where? ‘Glasses Direct’? ‘Planet Fear’?

I don’t get it!

jedi

i got nukeproof ones that are the same as wah wahs etc…. fookin creaking already 🙁

slowrider
    Free Member

im a self confessed pedal snob; burgtec mkIII’s on the big bike, point one podium flats on the light bike 😳

chakaping
    Free Member

+1 TheSwede

haven’t seen anything better for the money than those

hilldodger
    Free Member

Wellgo mg1 are pretty good value, nice and light too

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Not convinced by the ones over yonder –>
    I’m not a fan of paying looooads extra to shave off a few grams…just don’t want to be adding too much unnecessary weight to my new lightweight bike 😛

Those exotic ones look pretty good, definitely on my short list!

No one used the octane ones then? (I like the nice blue ones!)

p7rich
    Free Member

Octane ones don’t look very “grippy” to me. Pins look short and no knurlibg or threads for traction.

coogan
    Free Member

Cheaper and have two sets completely fault free and never been apart for a service since 2006. Bounced up and down Alps and Canada and Scotland. Can’t fault them. Awesome pedals.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5199

nick1962
    Free Member

Got a pair of those Exotic myself but not had them long so can’t comment on their durability..
    These have lasted me well
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5197
    But I do prefer thru pins myself as they are easier to replace a la Kona Wah Wah and Superstar

jedi – Member

i got nukeproof ones that are the same as wah wahs etc…. fookin creaking already

Nuke proof but obviously not jedi proof 😀

Which Nukeproof ones jedi because I can’t see any that are the same as Kona Wah Wahs? The Superstar ones are not the same as Wah wahs either despite what they say on their site

Davesport

After spending considerable money on a variety of pedals for the fleet, I’ve found the Gusset Slim Jimhave lasted the longest with zero maintenance. Even the Syncros Meathooks I bought in October last year started siezing up after half a dozen uses 👿

I’d buy these Gussets again. Reasuringly cheap & a cracking name to boot 😀

Gusset Slim Jims

jedi

[/url]

these . they look full axel but they are not

nick1962
    Free Member

Jedi
    Those Nukeproofs definitely aren’t the same as Kona Wah Wahs but they look exactly the same as my £25 Exotics…. Hope they last a bit longer than yours!
    Got a pair of the cheapest Gusset slim jims on my commuter, used 5 days a week in all weathers(including snow),no sort of maintenance at all in over two years and they still spin better than any other of my other pedals

doug_basqueMTB.com

I’ve been using the superstar ones, the nanotech (thru pin version), which I think are the same, externally anyway, as the nukeproofs. I’ve had them on my bike for a year so it’s quite a lot of miles, using them for XC, DH and playing at the local jump park. They’ve been perfect. I opened them up the other day to have a look and it’s still packed full of pristine white grease and the bearings look absolutely brand new. I’m impressed. You can also get them in the nice blue colour if you want to!

messiah
    Free Member

Shimano MX with long pins.

Yes – changing the pins is a pain, not the lightest or the lowest profile/fashion etc etc… but at least Shimano do decent bearings which last unlike just about everyone else!

retro83
    Free Member

TheSwede – Member

Check these out. Think they are the same as the superstar ones but at an even more ridiculous price. Mine turned up the other day and for the money they’rrrrr ggggreat. Not used in anger yet so I can’t coment on the durability.

They’re almost the same but the SS ones have (or had at least) little bolts instead of grub screws. Not sure if there is any practical difference, but they look cool 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

get some of these -you wont be dissapointed trust me :wink:!!! and they are great price now !!!! my son and i just bought them…grippy as hell and come with spare pins….

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/sunline/v-one-pedals-ec026352?query=flat%20pedals

uwe-r
    Free Member

I have just given these a go,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BBB-Freeride-Black-Alloy-Platform-Pedals-9-16-MTB-Bike-/330455945155?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item4cf0b58fc3

They have ace grip much better than my old V8’s and have a grease port so they should last pretty well.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Anybody used these pedals?’ is closed to new replies.