Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anybody used Northwest Powdercoating in Chorley
  • trailmoggy
    Free Member

Has anybody on here used Northwest Powdercoating in Chorley?

Called in today and they seemed ok, very reasonable on price, the work they showed my was good and they seemed to know what they were talking about.

or is there any were alse in the northwest that does shotblasting and powdercoating?

I’m dying to get my Cove handjob done its just too red.

cumbrianmonkey
    Free Member

I haven’t mate but there is a firm in Preston called Fastline powder coating that do a good job. How much do the guys in Chorley want to do a hardtail frame? Do they etch prime it first?

trailmoggy
    Free Member

£45 shotblasting and powdercoating

whats etch prime?

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

I think etch prime makes the pc stick better to the surface. Try Fastline in Preston, I use them for frames and they are well priced and do a good job. Choice of PC c £35-40 dependent on colour and how busy /what other things they can do at same time.
    Rich

cumbrianmonkey
    Free Member

it’s supposed to give a tougher finish I think. As Tricky says they quoted me £40 for a ht frame. They dip it, shot blast it, clean it prime it and PC it. They are good guys and all the stuff I’ve seen them do looks mint. It’s well worth the money as they mask everything up for you all you have to do is strip the components off the frame. Just bear in mind that if you want to keep the logos on your headset bearing cups then you need to take them out first.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Thanks for your help, looks like the one in Preston is the better option

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anybody used Northwest Powdercoating in Chorley’ is closed to new replies.