Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anybody used a bike fit service?
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

Okay so I’m riding more and more on the road bike, I find it compliments my MTB well so I’ve invested in a new bike but on both the old road bike to this new one I’m experiencing some knee pain. Could feel it on the old one but wasn’t so much of a prominent thing compared to the new bike so obviously some setting difference is niggling. Cycled 82.9 miles the other day and in the end I couldnt stand to pedal as my knees both gave way. One went first and the other followed. What Im wondering is has anybody used a biek fit service with success? Some recommendations within the West Midlands would be good. I’ve tried briefly adjusting spds and seat height but without spending weeks and weeks faffing I feel I wont be able to totally track it down. Cheers

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Not sure if you’d class it as West Midlands but try Adrian at Cadence Sport, he’s around the Stafford area.
    I had a bike fit with him a couple of years ago and I found it beneficial with much less in the way of aches and pains after linger rides. Got plenty of good advice off him about all sorts of riding related stuff as well.

lunge

I have, I used Mike Veal at Bike Dynamics in Leamington and was quite impressed. I felt that I had my position close but not perfect and it was causing the odd niggle. He backed that thought up, made a few changes to bar, saddle, stem and cleat position and my bikes are now very comfortable and I am niggle free. It was pretty thorough and I quite enjoyed the process.

I hear good things about Cadence Sport in Burton-upon-Trent though I’ve never used them.

egb81
    Free Member

Yep, well worth a visit. I used BW Cycling in Bristol and was happy I did. Spent a few hours with a former MTB pro (Oli Beckinsale) making tiny tweaks until everything was spot on. It ironed out the minor niggles I was having when riding longer distances. It can be dangerous though as I ended up going back a few months later and buying a new bike, which was also set up as meticulously for me.

IHN

How much is a typical bike fit?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Not sure if you’d class it as West Midlands but try Adrian at Cadence Sport, he’s around the Stafford area

I used him, it’s worth taking your main bikes (i.e. do you have a winter milemuncher?)

not cheap though

egb81
    Free Member

How much is a typical bike fit?

£80-£90 if I recall correctly.

adsh
    Free Member

Adrian at Cadence Sport, he’s around the Stafford area.

Very good indeed. Will do foot beds and cleat set up which is probably where your issues are.

I’ve not heard a bad thing about him.

GolfChick
    Free Member

thanks for the recommendations so far, had a look at Cadence Sport and although sounds fantastic I’d ball parked in my head around £100 so his price seems a bit much for my budget. I see the custom insoles bit but seems a bit overkill really for something that I only do to improve my fitness on a MTB and I have no intention of racing etc. I dont mind travelling a little bit to get a good service etc so will look into the others as well!

nickdavies

I used bicicelo in the centre of brum, charged £30 I think and made a big difference.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anybody used a bike fit service?’ is closed to new replies.