Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anybody use 10 speed grip shift
  • djflexure

Arthritis in my thumbs has prompted me to consider grip shift for 1×10 set up.
    Anybody use the xx1/ xo shifters? Seem to be a few reports of them being flimsy.
    Any truth in this?

ton

interested in this.
    i use 9spd gripshift because of a similar problem, and i am gonna be building a new bike up soon.
    i want new gripshift on it if possible

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I have been using XO shifters for years with no problems but on my mega i have a 10 speed xx1 with a grip shifter, I agree the design seems less robust than the earlier models,i don’t like the way its secured onto the bars either, maybe there are differences between 9 10 11 spd i don’t know.

u02sgb
    Free Member

Used gripshift for ages until I trashed my SRAM rear mech and not replaced it. Still using the front (left) one though. The X0 on the 9 speed is great, nice fast changes, particularly as you can “over shift” and then click back to centre it. Relatively cheap and light too.

Stu.

djflexure

I noticed the 9speed look more substantial.

stoney
    Free Member

Been using Gripshift for 25 years (Sachs Wavey`s back in the day) cos i bust my thumb on a machine. Never had a problem other than heavy crash damageand now going full suss with XX1…..

ton

anyone know if any of the new gripshift stuff will work with a shimano rear 9spd mech?

njee20
    Free Member

No, they won’t. Attack or Rocket only.

I use the XX1 one, it’s good, feels more plasticky than the 9 speed X0 ones of yore. Similar in use though – very positive shift.

ton

anyone got a attack or rocket gripshift for sale?…….. 😀

onandon
    Free Member

Ton , as it happens yes I do 🙂

Email me for details

ton

will do.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Got xx ones on my ht and seem nice enough to use apart from the cover bit rattling but don’t notice when riding the bike

djflexure

I dont suppose the sram 10 speed grip shift would work with my xtr clutch rear mech (too much to ask surely). I seem to remember the actuation ration for the Shimano mech was a bit different to SRAM.

banana
    Free Member

Love my X0 9 speed grip shifters
    Not so keen on the 10 speed ones. They take up more room on the bar and the downshift is far less positive. Still prefer them to triggers though.

neilm
    Free Member

I have X0 9 and 10 speed gripshifters and there is no comparison between the two, as the 9 speed are the older design and the 10 speed the newer one.

I like both, they work extremely well for me, but the 10 speed are in a different league as the are much quicker and lighter to shift, both up or down. That said, I have mis shifted on the odd occasion, but one gear up or down is no never mind really.

I have found that the bezels can rattle and was accompanied by a little jingle on all the faster off road sections at HONC the other week, but I’ll track that down and fix it sometime, it didn’t affect the function of the shifters at all.

I’ve been using grip shift since they were Sachs Waveys, so I’m a big fan, but unlike others on here, I really like the new design 10 speed shifters.

bob_summers

Thought I read once that you can send the 9spd ones away somewhere to get the extra click put in. Might be interested in that as the 9spd x0s are ace.

njee20
    Free Member

I dont suppose the sram 10 speed grip shift would work with my xtr clutch rear mech (too much to ask surely). I seem to remember the actuation ration for the Shimano mech was a bit different to SRAM.

Sadly not.

Thought I read once that you can send the 9spd ones away somewhere to get the extra click put in. Might be interested in that as the 9spd x0s are ace.

Black Cat Bone bikes were doing it when XX first came out, it was rather a faff and pretty expensive, I’d not bother, they’re not that different, I just think the 9 speed ones feel better made, despite being far cheaper.

The lack of ‘trim’ on the front mech on 10 speed ones is a shame too, was always the good thing about them.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anybody use 10 speed grip shift’ is closed to new replies.