Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anybody taking a young kid to SSWC?
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

I’m definitely going there but the missus says she wants to stay at home. I’ll be taking my daughter with me, she’ll be 4 and a bit. A tent, chairs, table, tent, airbed, bike with a seat and whatever else.
    Is it a daft idea to think she’ll love it? I don’t really drink anyway and a cute kid always helps to pull 😉
    Is there anybody else taking a nipper?

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

*There was a bloke at SSEC riding with a young kid in a trailer … looked like they were loving it.

*I know that doesn’t answer your question but I figured it’d be a start 😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

I won’t be participating but have offered to help (via Facebook page). Unless something changes really 😉

tollah
    Free Member

I’m taking 3 All have a mental age lower than 4 however physically they’re a lot lot older. I’m sorry this isn’t a lot of help is it?!

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Can’t imagine for a minute who the little tykes might be 😉

speckledbob
    Free Member

I took my 3 and 5 year old for a few hours last year. They weren’t too interested and i spent most of my time trying to keep control of them. Mostly people looked at me like i was some kind of knob head and i didn’t pull either.
    I may just take 1 this year as they do tend to gang up on me. Girls eh.

Hairychested
    Free Member

She loves being on the bike with me, loves people and is lively as hell. I’ll be going back to riding with her as we used to thanks to the bike I’m building (SS and light-ish).
    My main concern is this: will there anything to do for her apart from eating ice-creams?

postierich
    Free Member

Taking my little madam she will be hopefully taking part in a race if there is one!

Telecom tower 900 metres by Richard Munro, on Flickr

Hairychested
    Free Member

And you in the trailer?

igm

Do it. Our three year old loved SSEC10 – did the social ride on a LOCT on a spare (geared) bike I took. He was four by SSUK10, but he loved that too.

The sound of a three year old yelling “That’s Charlie” across the field when he sees the Bikemonger is superb.

rp16v
    Free Member

my little one of 2 came to oktoberfest on the daytimes with my mum loved the whole camping aspect of it as its now nown as tinkerbells treehouse and kids love woodland anyway all u can do is try and if it dousent work dont take next year.

Hairychested
    Free Member

That’s my thinking. Going to have to teach her to ride a bike this Spring (she was too weak for her little Spesh last year).

rp16v
    Free Member

mines nearley on the run bike stages,
    once shes on that i think she may enjoy the event more as can understand the joy of riding abit more.

banginon

Mine are a bit older (8 & 12 now) but are both planning trips to Belgium and Ireland this year after having to much fun at SSEC10. They spent the weekend playing with the other campsite kids and discarded robot costumes and soaking everything that moved with water cannon/pistol thingies. Get them s/started young!

igm

How do Rik – it was your two that provided much of the entertainment for our 1st (as of just under 4 hours ago) son.

sofaking
    Free Member

I’m taking 3 All have a mental age lower than 4 however physically they’re a lot lot older. I’m sorry this isn’t a lot of help is it?!

who said you were playing Dad this time ?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anybody taking a young kid to SSWC?’ is closed to new replies.