Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • ANYBODY ride p7
  • sam69
    Free Member

hi i was going to buy a rockhopper,but have been told for the extra £400 the p7 is a must,any of you guys on here ride one? what they like for a good xc blast etc?thanks

senorj

I do.
    I’m an xc bimbler tho’ not a blaster. – Great bike some say a bit heavy but once you get used to it it’s fine.
    I ride mine Sarf East ,Lakes, Wales – all over.
    I have an ali hardtail too and after riding it the P7 is the most comfy thing.
    If you can afford the extra £400 go for it.

composite
    Free Member

I have a 2010 P7. I really like it, the geometry is comfortable giving you the sitting in it, not on it feel. It’s a bit heavy for sure but nothing to serious. I use it for everything from single track to commuting, its sat here right next to me in the office. Wouldn’t change it for the world. 🙂

Here’s mine before I put a new fork on it.

br
    Free Member

Two of my riding buddies have them, they love ’em.

And I’ve not seen them fail to do anything – one even did the Kielder 100 on his.

soundninjauk

I’ve got one and I love it. It does everything from trail centres to epic Lake District XC adventures. Yeah it’s not the lightest thing on the face of the planet but it feels sure-footed, always capable, and has never let me down.

Jeffus
    Free Member

One of the best bikes I’ve owned loved it, mine was about 30lb but you didn’ notice it because the bike was soo much fun to ride.

sam69
    Free Member

ok thanks guys

highclimber
    Free Member

I have a 2009 one and it’s awesum! you don’t notice the ‘weight’ issue when you are flying down a singletrack!

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

here’s a curve ball for you –

One of the Orange G-Series bikes. Alu frame but similar geometry to a P7

I’ve had a G2 for 4-odd years now and it is fantastic. I know a P7 owner who wants to buy the frame off me if I ever sell!

I find it really comfortable, has a 27.2 seatpost so it loses most of the harshness you get with a lot of the Alu framed bikes.

Sunset have a 2011 G3 for £699 http://www.sunsetmtb.co.uk/shop/index.php?product_id=1618&category_id=143

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ANYBODY ride p7’ is closed to new replies.