Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • anybody ride a nice looking fast hybrid bike
  • mollski
    Free Member

im thinking of buying/building a nice hybrid bike that i can ride to work on,but i can go along a few bridal paths canal etc on my way,anybody ride such a thing?photos would be great thanks

epicsteve
    Free Member

MrSmith
    Free Member

‘nice looking hybrid’
    oxymoron.

(that cotic is gopping)

epicsteve
    Free Member

I think it’s a looker! Here it is in touring mode:

nomadbiker
    Free Member

I have a Giant Seek 0. Is designed as a commuter bike but the geometry is the same as the Giant Talon 29er. It has an alfine 8 hub gear so is the perfect bike for winter and commuting. Bought it because there are many tracks within 15miles of where i live so i can ride out on this and ride the tracks and back. It has 700c wheels and i fit 35mm cross tyres to it for when i am using on mixed surface rides. Have also fitted 700×28 Gatorskins on it and done 60mile road rides no problems. In this guise it is fast. I work in a bike shop and have build up a road rat for one customer, felt that is was quite weighty when built up. The brief ride i had on it didnt impress me. Check the Giant web site for pics of the current model, might take some pics of mine and upload at a later date.

GJP
    Free Member

I recently bought a 2010 Trek FX7.5 in the sales. Very good spec for a shade over £400 (brakes aside), but not sure I would be as keen if I had to pay the full RRP of £700.

Rides well but a little short in the TT, measures up less than published geometry. I can see why there are so popular. Tyres would need to be changed for anything remotely off-road.

Is it a looker, then no.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

what is a Hybrid in your opinion?
    A road bike with flat bars? or a mtb with mudguard and rack attachments? or something else?

I ride to work 14miles (one way) along a canal, half is surfaced, half is rough track. I wanted to build something light and mtb orientated, so I could also use it as an mtb, kind of multi use. It has a split crown race, so I can swap out suspension forks quickly. With carbon rigid forks it weighs under 20lbs. I can also fit mudguards and rack with my Salsa Cromo forks

mollski
    Free Member

great guys thanks

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

nedrapier

Singlespeed Commuter:

Trails:

Tarty FunTime:

Klunk
    Free Member

no much top end but very nimble.

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

Not strictly a hybrid ….

…but its used for commuting/touring/leisure/shopping/trails/pub

Solo
    Free Member

I’m in the middle of a very slow build of something similar.

I’ve an XC frame, into which I plan to fit 700c rims on MTB hubs and fit hydraulic disc brakes and a 2 x 9 drive train.

I’ve got some of the parts already and will be getting the frame sprayed soon. Once the frame has been painted, the build will begin.

^^^^ Those strange looking drop bars (nedrapier) look interesting and I like the large white tyres.

I may go for flat handle bars on my bike and use DCLs.

🙂

nedrapier

Bars are on-One Midge if you’re interested, Solo. Those tyres are definitely marmite! about 50/50 love/hate!

The build sounds cool, post a pic when it’s finished?

clubber
    Free Member

Mine looks great (IMO of course 🙂 )

rOcKeTdOg

for commuting and mild trails

swift by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

samuri
    Free Member

take your pick. They’re all good on and offroad, all have been used as commuters and they’re all fast (with me onboard anyway)

Genesis Day-one by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

Kona humuhumunukunukuapua’a by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

pompino 1 by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

Shibboleth
    Free Member

This is my roadrat, I think it’s very pretty…

I really like the look of some of the Boardman hybrids – they have a similar utilitarian beauty.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I like the Cotic a lot but it does look better with the black chainset in the second picture.

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t own it, but wish I did 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

Clubber.

You pic has reminded me. I’ve also got Carbon forks for my build, which are 700c, disc brake compatible.

I did look into importing some of those Woodman forks from the US, but then, in an unfathomable act of curiousity.
    I walked into a Halfords and spotted carbon forks on their boardman bikes, that were disc compatible and didn’t have canti bosses.
    I asked if I could buy them spereately and it turned out that I could.

So I’ve a set of carbon disc comp forks to put on the frame.

I’ve been collecting parts when I could afford it and when I can get a bargain, during the last two years.
    I’m hoping to finish it this summer, so will be chuffed to post pics then.

😀

EDIT:

Samurai.

I like the orange bike most, but chuckled when I noticed that you’ve balanced the hip flask on the saddle of the Kona.
    I award you one house point for hip flask inclusion.
    😉

3dpatriot
    Free Member

Love the looks and ride of my specialized sirrus for my 14 mile each way commute and not too bad on the local canal paths either, only had it a month so far but love it so far much better then having to commute on my 35lb Patriot 😆

mckeown
    Free Member

A bit more road orientated but I just got a ridgeback flight 01. Top level of kit and we have them at silly prices.
    http://www.realcycles.com/products.php?plid=m37b0s285p2681

Lovely looking imo and very comfortable!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘anybody ride a nice looking fast hybrid bike’ is closed to new replies.