Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • Anybody not riding today? Feels damn cold/man up?
  • n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Bitter here in Prestatyn today, managed ~8 miles with ~700 feet climbing on a basic out and back route, so I didn’t have to rely on checking Google Maps during the snow storm… First proper winter’s day for me this season, so glad to be back in the warm and dry after ~35mins riding!

rezis
    Free Member

@senor j – Goshawk?

Single speed out today for some country lanes…

funkmasterp

Currently sat in my dressing gown contemplating taking the Speedball out for a Bimble or up to Macc forest. Can’t get motivated to move though

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    northernsoul

Went out yesterday afternoon/early evening, local trails. First ride I’ve done with lights this year, which added to the enjoyment. Cold but little wind, almost full moon, and few people around, plus copious mud = much sliding around and a good time. Took ages to remove the mud though…

jam-bo

Can’t be bothered riding when it’s this sloppy. Went for a long trail run yesterday and managed to dodge the rain.

Surf on the south coast this afternoon, going to be a chilly one.

kayla1
    Free Member

It’s nice a bright here, so we’re off out in a bit for some hardcore, sweaty & steamy two-up action. We’re taking the tandem out to my OH’s mam and dad’s for Sunday dinner. I’m struggling to motivate myself to ride at the minute though, the cold doesn’t really bother me as much as grey skies and sloppy trails (and the accompanying mudguards) do. Everything just seems like a bit of a slog at the minute.

oldfart

Rode to work 445 this morning 🙄 only 10 minutes 😁 5 hours humping fruit and veg around now having a nice cup of tea. 😬Car cleaning before dinner then after out for a local pedal.
    Trying to keep Michael Bonney in mind to keep enthusiasm going.

molgrips
    Free Member

Went out last night. Trails a mess, but with my new knee length Sealskinz, 3/4 waterproof shorts and winter boots I was toasty and dry. Started to rain a bit towards the end, peaceful, gentle rain with a bit of sleet I think. Magic.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Just been out for another, but different 20 miler on the roads. Shorts again, this time warmer gloves, was warm.
    I can only manage about 20 road miles before abject boredom sets in. 😒

martinhutch

Dales stuff not quite as minging as I was expecting, for the most part.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hHMinD]IMG_20191110_122649[/url] by hutchinson2017, on Flickr

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Lovely autumnal sunshine quickie, couple of hill climb maximal efforts and I’m shot after 10 miles (gin last night didn’t help)

senorj

@rezis- nice one . I saw a goshawk.
    👍

scotroutes

35km round Rothiemurchus and Glenmore. As with yesterday, lovely in the sun, bitter in the shade.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Whats the white stuff on the floor?  😁😂. Think the last time we had decent snow was 2009 ish

corroded
    Free Member

50 miles around the Downs on the gravel bike today. Still wearing shorts but broke out the fleecy ear muffs for the first time this year – the best bit of winter kit I own except perhaps my MT90 boots. Everywhere, lane or bridleway, was slippery but the beech trees made it worth it. It’s the perfect season for gravel bikes – staying off the muddiest tracks it’s easy to average 15mph though the G-Ones are a bit out of their depth grip-wise.

whitestone
    Free Member

A lovely day out today – Feizor, Wharfe, Sulber Nick, Calf Holes, down to Horton and back to Feizor. Obviously stopped at Elaine’s Tea Rooms for refreshments.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Well, if this is due facto riding thread I can concur it was lovely in the sun but chilly out of it. Saw my first bit of ice as I was hurtling down to Ulpha, squeek! Pedalled out to seathwaite, met fam for a walk up on to Wallabarrow then peday back. Kiln bank nearly saw me off, relentless bastard that it is..

nickc

few miles up to the Pike and back, slippy in the shade this morning though. But it was nice to have the sun out for a bit

dpfr

Bit of MTB yesterday- cold but quite nice round the Goyt. Cut a road ride short today because there was too big a risk of ice on the small high level roads.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Did ride yesterday, but cut it short. Even on the mad-made trail we were on it was full of frigid puddles, managed about 15k and called it a day.

I’ve had a tough few weeks, it’s far better for me to ride Saturdays, my Daughter is in Gym most of the day with my Wife anyway so it gives us Sunday together, but for the last few weeks Saturday has been awful and Sunday quite nice, hope it switches soon.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Dales stuff not quite as minging as I was expecting, for the most part.

Where’s that Martinhutch?

whitestone
    Free Member

Where’s that Martinhutch?

Looks like the top bit of Stockdale Lane.

Martin – did you know that there’s a move to upgrade the footpath between Langber Lane and Otterburn to BW? There’s a form to fill out to demonstrate your usage.

martinhutch

Looks like the top bit of Stockdale Lane

It is indeed.

Went down that way today, actually. I need to get the form off to the applicant. I can confirm that the footpath towards Hellifield isn’t worth upgrading..

chakaping
    Free Member

Was chilly in hebden this morning, but warmed up by lunch.

Did a great loop and it was amazingly dry considering recent weather.

Felt like the first proper bright winter day’s riding of the season.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve had a tough few weeks

Drop me a note for a ride any time mate 🙂

Where were you that was bad? The nicely surfaced path in the Whips that I usually ride has become a stream now, I think that the stream higher up the hill has become diverted or something. Might need to fix it!

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Got the bike out of the garage earlier and dropped the seat post for a quick ride around and it didn’t come up again! I’d already decided I was going to triscombe for some dh anyway so wasn’t too much of a problem, just had to push up everywhere.

Was a bit slippery in places but wasn’t as muddy as I’d expected after all the rain over the last few days.

2019-11-10_06-24-48

sweepy
    Free Member

Crisp today, unlike Fridays soggy mess

roverpig

Yes, a bit nippy, but lovely and sunny up here today. Still using the road bike to see if gravel might be something I fancy. Better decide soon as those Ksyrium wheels are not as true as they used to be 😀

davros

Quick afternoon blast over win hill, spud alley and lockerbrook.

null

null

null

mcnultycop

Gisburn was interestingly icy in a couple of places today, but once I’d got out the day warmed up and it was perfect (other than aforementioned ice).

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

Lakes were spot on today, bit chilly to start with but warmed up to the point where I regretted wearing a thermal under my riding top. Only real issue was the low sun in my eyes on a couple of descents

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Derwent dam still overflowing 😀

null

ton

2 hour ride yesterday teatime, to pick up a new wheel. on footpaths and canal in the dark, was ace
    and 15 mile pottering with mrs t today for a couple of pints at the palace, again ace.

benp1

@senor j – Where was the weasel?

senorj

A couple of Km north of Knebworth house / jct7 A1m.

kittyr
    Free Member

Wasn’t that bad down saaaf this weekend.

Muddy and cold (and then wet) mtb in Epping on Saturday. To be fair it was a bit grim after the rain started and it’s the first time this year I’ve been head to toe covered in mud.

Sunny Sunday roadie ride out to Essex and back, only my feet were a bit cold.

supernova

Cross country slippy mud fest in the FoD yesterday. Good for the skin and the soul. Makes for slow progress though.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Too cold for cycling yesterday (-4) so went for a 12 mile run up the river ayr way instead, the driest I’ve seen it all year, helped by being frosty as well.

An absolute stunner of a morning too.

molgrips
    Free Member

Too cold for cycling yesterday (-4)

Pansy. I love a sub-zero ride, jealous.

lowey

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hHpLtr]20191109_125238[/url] by Dave Lowe, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hHqRdW]20191109_161315[/url] by Dave Lowe, on Flickr

Lovely day around Grizedale and Claife on Saturday.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Anybody not riding today? Feels damn cold/man up?’ is closed to new replies.