Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anybody know about Mavic rims?
  • ChrisE
    Free Member

I have Mavic Crossmax SL UST tubeless wheels 26″ 24 hole with those funny alloy bladed spokes. Probably about 9 or 10 years old, but have been brilliant. Front is Lefty. Now one of them has become un-true-able since it’s been over the Alps so mant times and just been hard used. The other one split the rim yesterday although I didn’t notice til this morning as I oled the bike and noticed it was out of true.

The last time I asked, Mavic had stopped making the rims, but are there any other (more modern) Mavic rims that will fit on the same spokes and hubs?

C

stevied
    Free Member

The lowest spoke count they do now is a 28. How about some light bicycle ones? They do 16-36 hole. I think you’ll struggle to find anything that will be a direct replacement, especially using the original spokes.

ChrisE
    Free Member

that’s a bugger

Northwind

Have they got funky nipples? Could rule out using anyone else’s rims, that

ChrisE
    Free Member

Funky everything!

link to pics

njee20
    Free Member

Have they got funky nipples? Could rule out using anyone else’s rims, that

Yep, no chance!

Your only hope would be to rebuild on a new style Crossmax ST rim (which are still 24 spoke) with new spokes – your old ones will be screwed anyway. If that works, it will be inordinately expensive.

I’d buy new wheels.

boxelder

Get some new wheels you cheapskate – those ones deserve to retire in peace somewhere.

ChrisE
    Free Member

Boxelder – they are merely run-in at 10 years old. now if you could just lend me some money…….

seeing you here (I am scamming off work, waiting for a BT man) reminds me I need to send you an email. you will have it in 2 mins.

C

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anybody know about Mavic rims?’ is closed to new replies.