Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anybody got the Chris King bottom bracket grease injector tool thingy?
  • santac
    Free Member

As above please mine B/B has nearly seized. Any chance I can borrow it? Will pay postage. Aspire are out of stock so can’t even wince and and order one 🙁

Andy
    nicolaisam
    Free Member

You can grease them the old fashioned way,They are the same as a King headset,remove the spring clip carefully,then remove the rubber seal very carefully,Clean out with degreaser,dry and then repack with grease.

Junkyard
    Free Member

😯 how much?
    Do you really nned t pay £40 for a bit of alluminium witha nozzel and then another £20 to make this fit a grease gun. That is extortionate even by Chris Bling standards.

santac
    Free Member

Cheers guy’s I’ll be doing it the old fashioned way 😀

vancoughcough
    Free Member

Just thought I’d resurrect an old thread….

When you say you can service Chris King bearings the standard way? What do you mean? Are Chris King bearings somewhat different to other BB bearings?

d45yth
    Free Member

The difference is that the CK bearings have a metal split ring as the bearing cover, which is easily popped off. I know a lot of normal sealed bearing covers can be removed too.
    I think if the OP’s B/B was nearly seized, the bearings were probably shot anyway. It should have been greased as routine maintenance.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anybody got the Chris King bottom bracket grease injector tool thingy?’ is closed to new replies.