Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anybody else following their local election results?
  • aracer
    Free Member

I’m busy watching the live feeds – not something I’ve ever done before or would have dreamed of doing for a local election. But I actually know our local councillor and have spoken to him quite a bit recently – and also know of quite a few of the other people standing (people I’ve seen in action at council meetings, or those my councillor has spoken of). Is kind of interesting when you know a little about the personalities involved.

Oh, and also some interesting results – in two of the Malvern seats UKIP were in second place by 5 and 3 votes! Oh, and also a couple of gains for the Torys from Lib Dems so far.

unklehomered
    Free Member

EDIT, no, they still last elections results up…

Given this was last time round, I don’t see us having any huge surprises. Fatty boy tory returned as usual.

aracer
    Free Member

Somewhat strangely one of the seats UKIP almost won was taken by the Greens – you could suggest it’s a very polarised vote, but probably local politics at work (the chap who won used to be a Lib Dem IIRC and is quite well known).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andytherocketeer

My first ever vote was on my 18th birthday.
    Choices were… My next door neighbour, my best friend’s dad, or the guy that used to come round once a week collecting the football pools. I voted for my next door neighbour.

No elections in any of the localities in which I have an interest. Stupid unitary authoritaries (some make sense, but not these).

ohnohesback
    Free Member

No declarations in West Sussex until later today.

And no change expected.

andytherocketeer

Oh friends of mine (married to each other) stood a couple of years back. He was tory candidate, she was lib dem candidate. Shame they stood for neighbouring seats – would have been funny if they’d competed against each other (although if they did, one of them stood a chance of winning).

aracer
    Free Member

Oh bugger, UKIP have just won a seat on our council. Lib Dems have had a nightmare – was a solid sea of yellow round Malvern but I think the only one left is our one, with lots turning blue.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m loving the contrast in the counting halls. Bare and functional in Wychavon:

Posh surroundings but spartan in Worcester:

Tablecloths in Malvern:

Whoever said stereotypes were a load of rubbish?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Two UKIP gains on WSCC (Con hold) and a tory councillor involved in a race row was beaten by an independent.

There is yet hope…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anybody else following their local election results?’ is closed to new replies.