Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anybody else daft enough to ride up Rivvy tonight.
  • Vortexracing

Seemed that we would try our usual Wed night ride despite the weather.

Not a good choice really, Snow, rain, ice, sleet and that windy you couldn’t stand up at the Tower.

Anybody else daft, stupid, silly, thick enough to try it tonight?

Junkyard
    Free Member

no i looked outside and looked at the log fire…. you sorted for crank tool?

Vortexracing

yeh got mine back last night.
    thanks john

freeform5spot
    Free Member

we rode Win Hill last night. went from drizzle to heavy rain to sleet to snow then we got into the cloud and it was blowing a gale!

Visibilty was very low.

Absolutely amazing ride, feel like I have been beaten up this morning!

trio25
    Free Member

Haveb’t been out at night for a while recently, noone seems to want to ride. I guess the weather might have something to do with it!

lowey

No. We are up there tonight. It still makes me laugh riding in this weather and seeing practically nobody up there. But in spring / summer its rammed with bikers.

Fair weather puffs I say.

Vortexracing

Could’nt agree more.

Although at one point last night when I could’nt feel my fingers, toes and my waterproof was like a seive, I was thinking how nice to be a puff.

Best way to describe last night was GRIM.

snowslave

It was lovely and sunny in Roman Lakes. You’re riding the wrong hills! hem hem…

spokeydokey
    Free Member

some f our usuals cried it off but me and gdavy were up for it (although on the drive over to Derwent we did think about abandoning when we saw the blizzard over Stanage!)

the best rides always turn out to be the ones when you least want to go or you are trying to get out of!

Fagus
    Free Member

Was up there during the day yesterday, and it was grim then. There was some talk of us going over The Garburn tomorrow until commonsense prevailed!

sq225917
    Free Member

Did Abbeydale out to Chatsworth and back on the roadie. Was fun coming into the village at 40 plus on the way down.

binners

I shoved the bike in the back of the car last night, with the intention to head up to Rivi. Then I had a moment of clarity, thought better of it and went to the pub instead. I’m happy to report that it was both warm and dry, the beer was very agreeable indeed, and the leather sofa was both plush and comfortable

Meant to be out local tonight. But there are plenty of pubs en route

snowslave

All this not riding due to rain… Pah.

We live in Manchester – it was built where it is cos of rain!!! Buy coats, ride bikes

yoshimi

Then I had a moment of clarity, thought better of it and went to the pub instead

ditto – esp as chorley seems to be in the grip of beer wars – didn’t pay more than 99p for a pint all last night 😀

trio25
    Free Member

So who has a regular night ride up rivi, at the moment I’m riding on my own which makes motivation harder when its raining!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anybody else daft enough to ride up Rivvy tonight.’ is closed to new replies.