Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anybody been through Navy selection process?
  • duckman

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw[/video]

Ok; Now that’s out the way. Has anybody applied to join the Navy? A young Lady in my tutor group has an interview date, any tips on questions asked….Yes I know that she has to take a turn in the barrel etc…

somouk
    Free Member

I’m gussing she’s at the initial stages in which case it’s the same as the other armed forces generally:

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/Careers/How-to-Join/Tests-and-interviews

When it gets to sit down interview time presuming she isn’t going for commission they normally try and establish a little about you and your suitability for the Navy and there is normally questions to see how much you know about the Navy as a whole. Maybe a couple of political questions to see how you are with current affairs and check you don’t have any extremist views.

legend
    Free Member

“Any criminal record?”
    “Nope”
    “Nothing??”
    “Nope”
    “but you’re from Glasgow yeah?”

wwaswas

SurfMatt?

allthepies
    Free Member

Rum, bum and baccy.

Trimix
    Free Member

Out of interest, what on earth (earth being appropriate in this instance) will you be doing in Afganistan then, if your in the Navy ?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

We had a few Navy types at KAF in support of the Sea Kings.

bencooper
    Free Member

Altitude training is important in the Navy?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Thought you just needed to look for the “Golden Rivet”?

tcomc1000
    Free Member

Altitude training is great for getting fit. At 3000 feet even a gentle pootle makes you out of breath and burns the calories.
    ahhhhhhhh, the golden rivet…..i had a limp for a while after seeing it!

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Altitude training is important in the Navy?

Especially when changing an anemometer !

kayak23

The Navy selection process you say? Why yes….

I went for the long strapless number in the end.
    (Sorry…)
    😳

tcomc1000
    Free Member

funnily enough i have fancy dress stag do in cardiff coming up.
    that dress would be ideal!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Join the Navy, feel a man.

xcwanabe
    Free Member

Duckman: I work at the RN Phase 1 training Establishment. PM me or something with some detail and I’ll see what I can do

Tcomc1000: I represent MTBing for the RN/RM, drop me a line, via this or the RN cycling website. If you are interested I’m trying to “grow” the AM/DH/GE representation as well as XC.

Rob

sbd16v
    Free Member

Hi xcwanabe, I have a mate going thought phase one atm he used to work at certini so you might know him already.

If I could start keeping myself fitter lol I would be tempted at some AM/GE, what,where and when do you guys ride ?

Mintman
    Free Member

Another matelot here, currently at sea with just a Watt bike and sufferfest films for any form of cycling!

If she’s considering Officer then I might be able to offer some advice, I witnessed an AIB (entry exam) not that long ago…

sbd16v
    Free Member

im currently sat in my hotel room in Jordan….

willard

Stop boasting. Besides, I believe she prefers to be called Katie Price now.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anybody been through Navy selection process?’ is closed to new replies.