Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • anybody bank with first direct?
  • white101

Have been thinking of shifting my current account for a little while and they seem to get decent customer reviews (they are also offering £125 incentive to transfer as well). I have no real issues with Halifax where I am right now, but after sitting around for a couple of months with my foot in a cast I’ve pretty mch spring cleaned all my other financial bits and bobs and figure this could be next.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Very good, no complaints at all

iamsporticus
    Free Member

been with them for ages and ages and ages with banking and mortgage

Im quick to change most things if I get bad service but FD are pretty good all round

pcb
    Free Member

They are really good, been using them for ages. Always had phone calls answered in less than three rings, the internet banking website and iPhone app are excellent as well.

mt
    Free Member

Have no complaints at all. The telephone banking service is very good. Do it.

Cougar

According to MSE they consistently top the user satisfaction polls by quite a long way. If I didn’t have such a tubby overdraft I’d be with them myself.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Been with them since they first set up in the early 90’s ( I was originally a Midland Bank customer). Although I work for one of their competitors I’d recommend them – very customer focused organisation.

imnotamused
    Free Member

Want to call their customer services and have it picked up after 1 ring by someone in Scotland who can handle whatever banking query you have, any time of the day including at peak?

No other company I know of has service like FD. Amazing. Oh, and you can pay in at HSBC and bank online. Why wouldn’t you move?

white101

Well thats good enough for me cheers all.

hh45
    Free Member

I’ve been with FD since about 1995 and highly recommend them. I have mortgage and credit card with them as well. I doubt they are so good if you run an OD the whole time. I get the impression they are trying to cherry pick the easy customers.

ononeorange

I was one of the first with them, back in 1990 (I think). In all those years they have made one small error which they promptly admitted and made me good for what it cost me with no questions or problems.

And they’re cheerful and human.

Absolutely brilliant.

matthewjb
    Free Member

As others have said, highly recommended.

I’ve banked with them for nearly 20 years.

Their security is particularly good. They seem very good at working out when I’m just buying something unusual and when someone’s trying to steal from me.

Last time I had my card cloned, they spotted it, cancelled the card, issued a new one and then rang me in the morning to let me know what was going on.

By contrast, my Wife banks with Natwest. When her card was cloned they gave the contents of her account away, twice and then refused to tell us where the money had gone.

onewheelgood

I’ve been with them since they started. They’re fantastic – once they could see that I might go overdrawn the next day, so rang me up and asked if I wanted to move a bit from a savings account into the current account until my salary went in. Always helpful, cheerful and efficient.

mbl1
    Free Member

I love them. And I detest banks as a general rule. we doubled up on the cash incentive and they let us then convert one to a joint account leaving the other pretty much dormant too. don’t hesitate to switch.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

as above – they are efficient. Only downsides:

1. they bloody know how to charge for going over limits. This is avoidable though.

2. HSBC are pretty shoddy. Branch opening times for paying in cheques are rubbish.

3. They send out a LOT of paper mail. e.g. new terms and conditions several times per year, multiplied by 3 for each of my and Mrs’ accounts.

But they’ve never bollocksed up and are efficient on phone.

Ed2001
    Free Member

Just for some STW balance terrible, awful ,worst customer service I have ever encountered.

Ed2001
    Free Member

No not really 15 years of completely faultless service I can’t recommend them highly enough.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘anybody bank with first direct?’ is closed to new replies.