Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Anybody actually planning on watching the royal wedding?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Just curious, haven’t spoken to anyone who’s not using it as an excuse to do something more fun on the day off yet.

loddrik
    Free Member

There’s a royal wedding soon…?

Have to make sure I am doing anything else on that day.

Stuey01
    Free Member

My street, and the next one over, are having street parties with road closures, bunting and everything.
    My next door neighbour is organising one, I feel a duty to go as she is a lovely old bird and she does my garden.

Keva
    Free Member

don’t even know when it is… I know there’s a bank holiday for it but which one it is I’ve no idea.

Kev

aP
    Free Member

I originally thought it was going to be Jayne Middlemiss, for that reason – I’m out.

majorspaniel

I’m driving to York to “avoid” the wedding 😀

project
    Free Member

Great we need more good comedy on the BBC, so is it Anthony and Saskia geting finally hitched, Jim and Barbara will be so pleased.

Lets also hope they repeat some of the specials .

Whens it on …….

chakaping
    Free Member

don’t even know when it is… I know there’s a bank holiday for it but which one it is I’ve no idea.

Make sure you don’t go to work by mistake then!

Blackhound

I’ll be in Belgium for SSEC.

My mother seems all excited and looking forward to it. She is Irish, but lived here for years, and would have thought she would not be too bothered. The only person I know looking to watch it. Well, my did will have to watch it I suppose.

yunki
    Free Member

I’d like to imagine that I will celebrate it in a similar way to the Queens golden jubilee.. banged up for drunk in a public place immediately followed by an illegal four day techno festival..

But in truth I will probably be loitering at the back of a cheap and dingy rave club.. feeling like a wierd old perv.. worrying that my knees won’t cope with dancing and worriedly nursing a redbull and coke for fear of a hangover the next day..

crazy-legs

I’ve lost count of the number of “adverts” I’ve seen for it on the BBC. They’re bringing out all the Royal Correspondents, the full HD camera set-up, wall-to-wall coverage all day.

I’ll be somewhere up in the North of Scotland, hopefully somewhere with no TV or internet.

It’s not that I’m anti it or anything, I just have no feelings either way about it – congratulations to the happy couple and all that but I’m really not interested in watching it or taking part in a street party to celebrate it.

jonb
    Free Member

I’m off all week, got various plans but none of them involve watching the wedding. I don’t begrudge them getting married but feel no more interested in it than any of the other weddings that take place throughout the year where I have no personal connection.

chakaping
    Free Member

My mother seems all excited and looking forward to it. She is Irish, but lived here for years,

Strangely, a southern Irish woman I met at a wedding last weekend is the only person I’ve spoken to who seemed genuinely excited by it.

Maybe it’s aimed more at foreigners than us anyway?

BoardinBob

My own wedding was a pain in the arse hassle so I couldn’t give a flying f*ck about anyone elses, royalty or otherwise.

mrmo
    Free Member

pissing me off to be honest, i don’t get paid bank holidays as a temp, so not only do i loose good friday, easter monday and mayday, i also loose another days pay.

so i have to use all the holiday i have accrued this year.

hope weather is good so i can get a nice long bike ride in, obviously not to any trail centre as they’ll be packed.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I’d only enjoy watching it through the telescopic sight on a high powered rifle, to be frank. 😀

BoardinBob

To be fair, the future queen would definitely get it.

richmtb

I’ll be in Canada, think I’ve got white water rafting booked for that day

Junkyard
    Free Member

I feel a duty to go as she is a lovely old bird and she does my garden.

sniggers

and no

nickf
    Free Member

The term is PRILF, I think you’ll find.

Blower
    Free Member

BoardinBob – Member

+1..

how good you reackon she is in bed?

cant see old horse features servicing her too good. 😀

emsz
    Free Member

😳

will probably watch it on telly, quite like all the dressing up, and horses, and uniforms and all that. Quite curious to see what the dress looks like. How weird must it be though, knowing you’ll be queen someday. You know when people say “when I’m king/queen…”

LOL, I’d demand non stop haribos and a flunky just for foot rubs.

Not a chance. I’ll be in my caravan with the family ay three cliffs, gower.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Ironically, I’m going to a wedding.

firestarter
    Free Member

Unfortunately I’ll miss it as I’m working and even better the brigade say its not a bank holiday 🙁

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I originally thought it was going to be Jayne Middlemiss, for that reason – I’m out.

Why did you think that, aP? Hmm? Why?

Northwind

I’m going to pay tribute in the best way I know how, using my day off to go to Dumfries & Galloway and ride bicycles.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im fully intending on doing a big ride as final practice for the round the island randonee on the first.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Too right I will be……..I love our Royal family, the pageantry, and a wedding. Plus it’s what sets as apart from foreigners, and why they’re all right proper jealous of us – with their boring “republics”.

When is it ?

thejesmonddingo

no

kimbers

ill be having my eyes surgically removed for the weekend and stored on ice, just to make sure i dont happen upon it

quite like all the dressing up, and horses, and uniforms and all that

😯

emsz – you is naughty… 😳

timraven

Mostly, I will be in Spain at Switchbacks riding my a##e off 😀

Got to wish them the best of luck though, ‘cos they are going to need it, marriage is hard enough without every paparazzi sticking a lens in your business. 🙄

theotherjonv

I suspect I will be. It’s my parent’s Golden wedding anniversary the same day and my mum will want to watch it, ergo we all will because what makes her happy makes me happy.

emsz
    Free Member

Artist, thats not what I meant!! cheeky

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’m playing at the reception.

sucklingmatt
    Free Member

i’m not watching because ….i’m getting married that day!! We booked it before them though

sucklingmatt
    Free Member

i’m not watching because ….i’m getting married that day!! We booked it before them though

john_drummer
    Free Member

****, no

charliedontsurf

Not a chance. Load of bollocks at best.
    Over this period I am isolating myself from the media and GB in general by cycling all the way to SSEC.
    No wedding just cafes bars and wild camping.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Anybody actually planning on watching the royal wedding?’ is closed to new replies.