Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Any Whisky offers on at the moment?
  • FOG

Just finished a bottle of Bunnahabainn [or however you really spell it] and was looking for a new malt but my usual go-to for whisky offers, Waitrose, has nothing cheap at the moment.

So does anybody know of any decent offers on Scottish malts at the moment, preferably in easily accessible shops? I like peaty ones but equally enjoy a nice mellow speyside so am open to suggestions.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Balvenie Double wood was a good price when I looked, got an Octomore 8.4 direct from them next day at a cracking price – for that bottle virgin oak and delicious

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Laphroig Select is down to £28 in my local Sainsbury

Murray

Asda has Penderyn

yosemitepaul

Just go to Aldi, their malts are superb and at about £17.00 a bottle you’d struggle to get anything better.

irc

Lidl Islay malt is a nice peaty dram. £17.50

househusband

Just had Amazon deliver two bottles of Bowmore No.1 at £22.90 a bottle… should keep me going for a week or two!!!

johnners
    Free Member

Laphroaig Select is £26 in Tesco.

Balvenie Double wood was a good price when I looked

Where and for how much, Mike? I’ve not seen it below £37 for years.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Must be my Oz pricing 37 is a very good price compared to what I’ve been paying, anyway worth it

jruk
    Free Member

+1 for the Lidl single malts. The Islay is my favourite. Not quite Lagavulin but for £17 it’s a cracker.

johnners
    Free Member

Not quite Lagavulin

It could well be.

jp-t853

Another vote for the Lidl Islay single malt. It is an absolute cracker and at £17.50 its a proper bargain.

jruk
    Free Member

@johnners purely for scientific purposes I’ve opened the 16 year old lagavulin and the Lidl Islay.  The latter is good, but the former is close to perfect.

#takingonefortheteam

thorpedo

Aberlour 10 is £24 at Sainsbury’s at the moment. Other reductions too.

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

Not malt, not Scottish, not peaty nor mellow but; Bulleit 95% Rye is £23 in Tesco at the minute, tis a swigger not a sipper but its good.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It could well be from laguvillin but not the 16yo, for variety try the distillers edition, again there is a sherry cask kicking about somewhere which is very special.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

View this post on Instagram

Ooo very different in a good way

A post shared by Michael Smith (@smithmichaelw) on

Thanks Rob

Seem to be getting through them

Love the back label

Ah that island…

Quiet end to the night

No idea on price but worth getting hold of regardless…

johnners
    Free Member

It could well be from laguvillin but not the 16yo, for variety try the distillers edition, again there is a sherry cask kicking about somewhere which is very special.

If it’s from the Lagavulin distillery it’ll not be what’s released as Lagavulin and won’t necessarily taste anything like it, It’ll be made from what they don’t want, either for their own expressions or to sell to blenders.

If I had to guess I’d say it’s most likely to be from the 6 million or so litres Caol Ila churns out annually.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Any Whisky offers on at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.