Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Any website listing ‘all’ kids bikes?
  • DickBarton

I say ALL, but I realise this isn’t completely possible…I’m feeling as though I’m needing to buy a new bike – I don’t ride my own often enough, so figure it might soon be time to upgrade the kid’s bike – a Frog 62 – that has been great but as we are now riding slightly rougher stuff, something with a suspension fork will probably help the wrists from hurting as much (probably practicing to pick a smoother line would also help – that is being worked on).

I like the look of the new Frog MTB range, but I’ve also had a nosey at the Islabikes (not the PRO range, although those are nice bikes, I can’t help but think they are priced for showing off rather than doing the job – so they are scored off the list) – however, the Frog MTB 69 and Creig 26 appear to be a similar spec – I think the Creig hsa a slightly higher spec drivetrain (but with Avid brake – which I’ve never had any success with) and Gripshift (not a real issue for me, but don’t work as well with little hands when cold and wet). The Frog is also £200 cheaper.

However, what else is out there that I should be looking at and considering? I think the Creig would fit sooner and realistically, she still has some growing to do – if I’m going to be getting a bike with hydraulic brakes and suspension forks, it will need to be 26″ wheels as I’m not keen on the idea of shelling out that amount again 18 months when it is outgrown.

Actually, re-reading that, although I’m keen to buy a new bike, I’m clearly fussy as well, so ideally a website that lists many bikes so I can compare spec/weight/price to see if I’m missing anything.

Cheers.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Any website listing ‘all’ kids bikes?’ is closed to new replies.