Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Any way to fix/bodge a Fox 36 RC2 bladder?
  • legend
    Free Member

Just found out today that Fox don’t stock these parts, so instead of a simple repair Mojo want something like £370 for a damper ‘upgrade’! (Loco and TF Tuned both put there hands up to the situation)

Has anyone tried any way of getting the bladder back into shape? Can’t think of any way to try and bodge it myself, although I’m mostly still shocked that Fox wont support 3 year old kit!

LoCo
    Free Member

Finally run out of them have they? or are they just not supplying them? We’ve been taking the dampers to them for them to service for the last month or so while they use the remaining stock of the dampers which servicing everything else ourselves.

No there isn’ really anything you can do to reform the bladder that will be a lasting solution unfortunatly, sorry, have been trying to find a suitable replacement option for obsolete dampers but nothing ‘cheap’ has come up

toys19
    Free Member

Oh dear this is ominous…

legend
    Free Member

Hadn’t realised that they’d kept the remaining stock for themselves! It was TF that said the only choice was a Mojo upgrade (fair play to TF, they actually said that Mojo’s upgrade price was the best value way to sort it). Mojo haven’t sent me any info yet, I assume that they wont sell the part on its own if they do have some left?

B&Q Expanding Foam into the bladder ftw 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

I know they had a few bladders left at the start of this week, so may still have one or two for them to service stuff with.

Onzadog
    Free Member

At that price, I’d be looking at the avalanche speed sensitive damping cartridge. Only a little bit more but a nicer bit of kit.

carlphillips
    Free Member

J tech had some a while ago, maybe worth emailing him.

kwack
    Free Member

That is pretty poor…how do you know when a bladder is gone

hora
    Free Member

Wow. Thats Fox off my purchase list.

kwack
    Free Member

Just a quick question

Is this bladder specific to certain fox 36 forks? I have a Talas 36 RC2 circa 2007/08 I think which probably needs servicing in the near future. If the bladder cant be serviced then I m left with either getting the FIT cartridge installed or i I buy say 2nd hand pair of Van/Float 2011/2012 would I still be in trouble come service time as they use bladders?

Thoughts

Kwack

legend
    Free Member

From 2011 they flipped the damper upside down, uses a different bladder so they are ok – for now 😉

Olly
    Free Member

funny you should put this up

My 36s damper went to pot a few weeks ago. (the same as it did last year in the alps). turns out it wasn’t the bladder, the damping rod had split and pulled off the attachment to the top cap.

Mojo reckon they dont make this part anymore either so they are goosed (but were VERY keen to sell me a 400 quid FIT upgrade. sadly I cant spaff 400 quid on a fork which has seen better days)
    annoyingly their diagnosis was “its been over tightened”. They are the only people to have ever opened them!
    email out to TF to see if they have any of the part in stock, and if they dont have it, Jtech (though he’s on holiday next week, so TF get first dibs im afraid)

Over all ive gone with the “buy some new marzocchis and hope they are back to their good old reliability!” option, but i dont have any forks for the Coedy enduro next weekend 🙁

legend
    Free Member

TF and Loco have nothing left – will drop J-Tech an email though just in case.

If I go down the replacement route, X-Fusion Slants look like a winner right now.

Olly
    Free Member

pre ordered some 2014 55CRs myself.

http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/85/9141006s/marzocchi-55-cr-26–fork-2014–tapered-steerer-.html

3 year no service warranty floats my boat. Hoping they are going to be “big MX comps”

foxman
    Free Member

Legend ,

Send a email to dave
    @ tftunedshox.com asking about a bladder, im pretty sure he can help you .

legend
    Free Member

Paul @ TF can’t help so, unless they’ve all fallen out down there and aren’t talking, I doubt Dave will be able to do much better 🙁

foxman
    Free Member

Legend ,

Dave is the fox brand manager , i guarantee he can help . They dont sell the parts , but they are available for service work , either email or ring him at the workshop 01373826800.

legend
    Free Member

Email back from J-Tech, he has some left but only for use on services.

Foxman, TF have already explicitly said that they don’t have them for any work. Possible that they’ve run out since you last heard?

P.S. emailed him anyway

legend
    Free Member

Update for those interested:

TF Tuned – have some stock, for use on services
    J-Tech – have some stock, for use on services
    Loco – as per website, no stock
    Mojo – no stock

However, Mojo have been surprisingly sympathetic to the cause and offered a very attractive deal on a new damper – can’t say fairer than that as they genuinely seemed hacked off by the situation too.

toys19
    Free Member

Boooo Hooo
    Sent my van 36 forks to Loco for service, and the stanchions are worn bum.
    I’m going Marzocchi too I think.

LoCo
    Free Member

Sorry 😳

toys19
    Free Member

Loco, it is not your fault now is it..

LoCo
    Free Member

Well no, however being the bearer of bad news is never great 😐

Onzadog
    Free Member

Does that mean there might be some cheap for lowers? Are they the qr version?

toys19
    Free Member

onza yes, and springs…
    username + hotmail, the com version

Onzadog
    Free Member

Interesting! Are they still with loco and would they need new bushings? Would these have to be sized to my stanchions?

toys19
    Free Member

Umm, still with loco, but about to be sent back to me. Have you emailed my hotmail?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Any way to fix/bodge a Fox 36 RC2 bladder?’ is closed to new replies.