Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any trails north of Folkestone?
  • big_n_daft
    Free Member

On holiday, taking the hardtail/ SS

anything decent about?

Bear
    Free Member

Big – when are you down and where are you staying exactly. There is a fair bit of riding but it is best to find some local knowledge. We ride Thursdays from salt wood with various splinter groups at different times during the week. Mail me timATj-twren.eclipse.co.uk

I’ll pick it up tonight.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Staying at Lyminge, arrive Wednesday so Thursday could be could

Pace etc? I’m not exactly a racing snake, nor am I hucking off drops etc

leadbasher
    Free Member

Put a post on here http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk or have a look at the rides section. Good bunch of lads and lasses

Bear
    Free Member

big – I’m born and bred Lyminge bear, although now reside in Folkestone!
    Don’t worry about racing snake either I’m 17 + stone!

Lyminge forest is good for an explore and you can’t go too wrong, some nice stuff in Covert / Covet wood.

Check out Activ in Folkestone and find them on Facebook. Mail me as I said, although SS could be difficult on a Thursday as a reasonably big group

Bear
    Free Member

Actually think there is a race at Fowlmead on Thursday so the group won’t be as big nor so full of fast types. Anyone is welcome and we always go in the pub afterwards so pretty social, I will try to get a few of us together one evening and take you out if you like. Are you staying at Sibton Park in the holiday cottages?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Yup in the holiday cottages

I’ll try and bring the geared hardtail

email already sent

Scapegoat

Can I be the first, gently to point out, that there are indeed many trails north of Folkestone, and not many to the south?

paladin

Scapegoat – Member
    Can I be the first, gently to point out, that there are indeed many trails north of Folkestone, and not many to the south?

I was just away to check the atlas for Folkestone. Its near France isn’t it?

Bear
    Free Member

Holiday cottages are lovely, shame not this week as you’ve just missed the cricket week.

SS will be fine round the local forest though as relatively flat.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any trails north of Folkestone?’ is closed to new replies.