Any trails at wyre forest

Home Forum Bike Forum Any trails at wyre forest

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Any trails at wyre forest
  • bikeneil

Do a search. Lots of info on it. You’ll need a local to get the best out of it though 😀

ritchic

yeah most reviews I found include people getting quite lost. So im guessing its not a setup like Cannock in that sense then.

dibboid

You’ll need a local to get the best out of it though

This. … That or fire roads. But it’s ace riding and where I got the “bug”. Post when you wanna go and I’m sure someone on here will be able to show you around.

z1ppy

Nope, none at all 😉

The best bits are not the easiest to locate, as the FC & NE don’t agree with MTB in the forest but supposedly don’t enforce any sort of ban (heard rumblings they want to change this?). Most of the better stuff is away from the visitors centre, though as a first time visitor the VC is easy to locate & get back too. Lots of regulars on here ride there, so getting a guide (especially with the sun out) shouldn’t be too hard, if you ask nicely. Otherwise you’ve the best weather ATM to trawl round and try and connect the trails together (all easy to spot, not hidden away)

dibboid

Zippy, change the enforcement or letting us officially do it?

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

if it stays dry as forecast this week it’ll be sweet and dusty by next weekend, i’d show you around by in a twist of fate I’m racing at cannock then

ritchic

Ok thanks. So as I’ve only got few hours Saturday it probably not best idea to go and get lost then. Maybe just kinver this week then

z1ppy

enforcement dibboid, TBF I don’t remember who said it to me (& it might just be rubbish). Though I can’t see how they’d ever expect to stop riding going on.

Keep your eyes open at Kinver then. A couple of new trails have gone in. 😉

z1ppy

can I ask where GOYB?
    As at least one “new” trail* off the edge has caused controversy and caused a lot of new fences to be erected

*and by trail I mean a rubbish direct route “straight down” the edge, causing a load of erosion & been very obvious to the NT/walkers

edit: PS. Don’t get me wrong I’m all over the edge on my bike, but building new stuff that going to cause conflict ain helpful.

ritchic

oh rite any hints on where the new trails are then.

ritchic

Hi just wandered if any decent trails at wyre forest. rode Cannock yesterday but next week fancied trying wyre forest. just after some views on the place

Cheers

They’re over the DH track side but you’ll need to explore to find them. Sorry, I can’t be more specific.

The DH track is running really well too. I was over there yesterday and forgot just how well the place drains. It’s like it never rained!

ritchic

Ok thanks. Mind you the DH track wouldn’t run smoothly with me on it I don’t think

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Any trails at wyre forest’ is closed to new replies.