Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any Tonbridge folk here?
  • marp
    Free Member

The Mrs and I (and toddler) will be moving to Tonbridge in a few weeks, and was wondering if there are any locals here for bike rides (slow) / beers (not so slow)? Anyone know of any decent riding round that way? Also, any decent pubs?

Does anyone commute into london by bike? and if so what is the route like? Google says its just under 30 miles to work (London Bridge), so am wondering if its worth giving it a go and then getting an ebike (if the roads aren’t horrific) rather than suffer the train and have to stump up 4k per year…

Thank you muchly.

Matt

flange
    Free Member

I live in tunbridge wells so not far away.

Used to commute by bike regularly when I worked in the city. You can do the whole lot but there’s some decent hills between you and town. Easier to drive to Orpington and ride in from there if you’re doing it regularly. Pm me and I can send you both the short and long routes.

As for riding, there’s Bedgebury which is tame but good for a spin, or Porc if you want some dh. Decent road riding too if you know how to avoid the busy roads.

Give me a shout when you get moved in and we can meet up for a spin

nathb
    Free Member

Also TBW here.

I head to bedgebury quite a bit, if you like it it’s worth grabbing an annual membership as parking is quite expensive. I’m a roadie so I’ve still not managed to get up on the black section without falling off yet 😆

As for commuting into the city, I’ve yet to find a decent route. Although the club I’ve joined (SDW) has a commuter express that departs at 5am that I’m going to try.

My problem is I work near kings cross. So my issue is getting through London, the cycle up to that point is okay. I got knocked off last time so I haven’t done it since. 😆

ta11pau1

T’other side of Tonbridge here, Maidstone. I also frequent Bedgebury fairly regularly as it’s my ‘local’ trail centre.

I do both MTB (at bedgebury, surrey hills, covert woods (nr Canturbury), friston forest etc) and local ‘gravel’ riding along stuff like the pilgrims way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Any Tonbridge folk here?’ is closed to new replies.