Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any suggestions for backing up photos?
  • rogg
    Free Member

Had a bit of a scare when I thought my laptop had died, and it’s finally forced me to back up around five years worth of photos which aren’t duplicated anywhere else. As the only form of backup I’ve ever had fail was an external Seagate hard drive, I’m planning on saving them in a few different locations. I’m going to start with a couple of USB thumb drives, maybe another external hard drive – what other options are there, and what online options would be the best? I use Picasa, but not Picasa web albums which seem to get mixed reviews.
    Any suggestions gratefully received…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Picasa Web albums with google drive as plan A
    Drop Box as plan B

johndoh
    Free Member

We just bought a couple of Buffalo 1tb hard disks to archive work – at £130 inc VAT for them both I thought it was a bargain. Now I am just in the process of copying onto them (two mirrored copies of the same data, one kept in the office, one at home).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickjb
    Free Member

Having them just a laptop is crazy. The risk of failure or theft is way too high. I have a usb hard drive and a network drive. I’ve started to keep the originals on the SD card and use a new one each time. I still need to set up a better automated back-up, though. I use dropbox for the better ones, uploading everything would take ages. Maybe one day.

footflaps

All my photos are on:
    1. 2 MACs
    2. USB hard drive in fire safe
    3. Flickr

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any suggestions for backing up photos?’ is closed to new replies.