Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Any STWers doing the offroad London to Brighton next Saturday?
  • manitou
    Free Member

I’ll be there… is anyone else signed up?

enfht
    Free Member

Yep, managed to get a cancellation a week or so back. Quite looking forward to it tbh, not sure how long it will take me though 😀

stimpy
    Free Member

Will be there too! Did it in 7.5hrs first time, then 6hrs second time. Hoping for good weather.

waller
    Free Member

Yep. With a team of twenty or so work colleagues. 1st time doing it so looking forward to it with slight trepidation….

pplum
    Free Member

Any recommendations for tyres for this route? It’s been pretty dry for the last couple of weeks and looks like it is going to stay that way for Saturday. I’m considering swapping my Rocket Rons for something like Race Kings. Any opinions?

MrAgreeable

You’ll be OK on pretty much any tyre. Personally I’d go with smooth in preference to knobbly because otherwise the flat sections like the South Downs Link are really going to take it out of you.

enfht
    Free Member

I’ve got my Racing Ralphs out of the loft, lighter and roll better.

Looks like it’ll be dry – proper excited now 😀

makkag
    Free Member

whoops , just seen this thread – after i had started mine .. going with ralphs as well – blue turner struggling say hello when you pass me – at the start then !!

makkag
    Free Member

Dupe post

manitou
    Free Member

Ah.. I’d hoped there may be a few STWers doing this.. I’ll be there .Hoping for an early start. Im using Spesch Fast Tracks on my Ellsworth Truth,was going to ride the Enlightenment but I dont think my back will last 75 miles on a HT.

enfht
    Free Member

All STWers should wear something to distinguish themselves, like fishnets. 8)

stimpy
    Free Member

I’ll be running a Race King on the back and a X-King on the front. Looking forward to Thunderbarrow 😀

pplum
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, picked up a pair of Bontrager XR1s. That should make it easier.

This will be the first time I’ve attempted this distance. Really looking forward to it. If it goes well I’ll be considering the BHF Windsor to Bath off-road for next year.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Any STWers doing the offroad London to Brighton next Saturday?’ is closed to new replies.