Any small pick ups in Europe?

Home Forum Chat Forum Any small pick ups in Europe?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Any small pick ups in Europe?
  • TandemJeremy

ford p 100?

toyota Hilux

I am fairly sure there was a golf based one as well

LuckyJim

Used to see a few small Subaru pickups around. Skoda did one too, perhaps more recently. It looked like an acquired taste though.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

The VW one is a pickup version of the Caddy van, IIRC.

There's also a Skoda outing which isn't dissimilar, I think it's Felica running gear.

Premier Icon JCornford
    Subscriber

I don't want something as big as a Hilux, something like a modern day version of the p100.

Premier Icon portlyone
    Subscriber

viene aquí a menudo?

ocrider

There is a pickup version of that thing of sheer beauty that clogs up the country roads in France, the Dacia Logan.
    http://www.dacia.fr/gamme-dacia/logan-pickup/dacia-vu.jsp

Not exactly expensive either.

wombat

There's the Subaru Sumo (all will be rather elderly)
    VW Caddy pickup was available a few years ago,
    There was quite a good Hyundai one too but I can't remenber what they were called.

I drove a Peugeot 504 Pickup for a bit back in the 80s, was absolutely ace, no top end (60mph max with the 2.3 non turbo diesel) but could pull/transport prett much anything, 3 seater too, I'd have anither just for the giggle factor…..

Surf-Mat

JCornford – my Dad had a p100 with a very heavily tuned Rover V8 (almost 400bhp), adjustable air shocks and a slightly sparkly paint job. It was a proper 911 eater – but it broke down a lot!

It was the earlier Cortina shape but a South African version with nicer horizontal tail lights. A proper beast!

Premier Icon vinnyeh
    Subscriber

Holden utes aren't particularly small, El caminos aren't at all small.

If you don't want 4×4, maybe a Proton Jumbuck, though they're pretty rare, and none newer than 2006..

Premier Icon JCornford
    Subscriber

I've always wanted a pick up, but a car sized one rather than a large 4×4 with the back missing, so does anyone know if there are any available in Europe as I'm not aware of any in England, I'm looking for something along the lines of a Holden UTE and an El Comino etc.

konabunny

ha – glad someone else remembered the Jumbuck!

If you hang around the VW forums, I think you can pick up well-kept VW pickups.

mieszko

Skoda Felicia pick up mentioned earlier. My mate had one like this, they are very very basic inside. No central locking, ac, power steering or electric windows on his.

Skoda Felicia Fun, got some extra seats in the back. They probably did a rhd version as there is one in Edinburgh. But I think they were only made in yellow 🙂

Surf-Mat

Mogrim – longer than a Toyota Landcruiser Amazon! My grandparents in law had one (they have an Amazon too) and sold it because it was simply too unwieldy.

Those Skodas are cool 8)

Tim

subaru brat!

The skoda ones do look quite sensible, but surely a van is more practical?

skidartist

Some of the pickups by Toyota, mazda and Vauxhall can be had in less cow-poke-alike 2wd versions. When you take away the bolt-on jewellery and big wheels they are actually quite sensible, useable vehicles (all be it built for midgets). But by virtue of being useful the challenge is to find one that hasn't been too well-used. Most of the 4×4 versions however will never have done a hard days work in their life.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

The only trouble with the Skoda is my brane always parses it as a Skoda Fellatio.

(And now, yours will too. You're welcome.)

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Any small pick ups in Europe?’ is closed to new replies.