Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any small business out there who've tried the iZettle card processing system
  • Potdog
    Free Member

I’m in the process of looking for something to replace the card processing from my bank, mainly due to the hefty standing fee that they charge each month to have the mobile card machine.

I’ve done a bit of shopping around with the banks here (Spain) and they all seem much of a muchness in relation to this standing charge unless I go for a wired machine, but that just doesn’t work for me.

I’ve looked at PayPal, but then saw this iZettle on the TV and wondered if anyone has any real life experience of it yet?

Cheers

cozz
    Free Member

yes, I’ve used it for 3 years, for “off sales” away from the shop, at shows / markets etc

it works very well, doesn’t cost you anything if you don’t use it for months

money in bank 2-3 days later
    (i have been told the paypal one drops money into your paypal account right away- which might be better for some) Although I’d rather keep my paypal (online sales) separate anyway

bluetooth to a phone, only thing it won’t do, is link to 2 phones, at same time, which would be beneficial if 2 of us are serving at a show

user-removed
    Free Member

Yeah I use it for taking booking fees in clients’ homes / cafes / hotels etc. Card reader was free too 🙂 Very reliable ime.

Potdog
    Free Member

Just been trying to create an account but as is so often the case with “Spanish” accounts, they seem to forget that not only Spanish Nationals might want to register, so it is saying that my NIF/NIE number isn’t valid.
    I’ll have to give their support a try.
    The fact that there is no standing charge is a bonus, the per transaction charge is higher than the 1% that the bank charges here, but at least I’m not paying the 30€ per month for the pleasure of paying them 1% on each transaction, especially when I don’t even use the machine for 3 months each year!

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Love iZettle.

Have an iPad and iPhone set up with a shop (photo’s of our products set out on a page in the app), simply click on the icon, it’s added to the basket. Click ‘Pay’, then hand over the iZettle to the customer, who can use Apple Pay, contactless or normal ‘insert card’ and it they want a receipt they simple type in their e-mail address.

Doddle

We sell more stuff because people can pay instantly and prefer it to writing down their credit card details. The security is better and it’s more efficient for our office staff. We sell stuff in the field (literally in fields) and as long as you have a phone signal you’re in business.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any small business out there who've tried the iZettle card processing system’ is closed to new replies.