• This topic has 25 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by bigh.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Any Sigur Rós fans around?
  • eyerideit
    Free Member

I’m listening to Hvarf at the moment, which is really quite a beautiful album.

What others are as good/better?

My ears are open.

chojin
    Free Member

I’m quite a fan of Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust.

Controversial I know!

tartanscarf

Agaetis Byrjun is the dogs danglies.

eyerideit
    Free Member

is Takk any good?

spacey

Yeah Takk is lovely, it’s got the one that the BBC used on the planet earth series (I think, could be wrong, just running off to check……)

vdubber67
    Free Member

tartanscarf – Member
    Agaetis Byrjun is the dogs danglies.

+1

and +1 for Takk actually.

Check out Amiina as well, essentially the SR string section on their own

spacey

Called Hoppipolla, classic.

Stoner
    Free Member

Another vote for hopipolla, especially the live video
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/talk-to-me-about-sigur-ros#post-5558095

although the “purists” seem to dismiss takk. I like it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think I posted it the last time, but this video:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xow2gnVTUjs[/video]

chewkw
    Free Member

Not a fan of any music but I do have their album given to me from the native of Island. 😀

eyerideit
    Free Member

Not a fan of any music

Any music what so ever?

eyerideit
    Free Member

Check out Amiina as well, essentially the SR string section on their own

Which album do you recommend?

pixelmix
    Free Member

Also worth checking out Jonsi’s solo album.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Right thanks to you lot.

I’ve bought
    Takk
    Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalau

as it turns out I already had Agaetis Byrjun

Amiina
    Puzzle
    Kurr
    Lighthouse Project
    What are we waiting for?

and the Jonsi album off his site as you get loads of extras with it.

Thanks for the recommendations and making me spend a little more than I wanted to!

🙂

Northwind

I love (), I managed a perfectly timed listen on a flight from France that synched every sight and event to a perfect piece of music. Could do with, oh, 80% less moaning though.

Oh, ps, thinking about Sigur Ros made me do what it always does, ie, go and listen to Mogwai. When you get tired of all that foreign stuff, if you haven’t already, go and listen to New Paths To Helicon (but not part 2) Ideally on an inter city train.

chewkw
    Free Member

eyerideit – Member

Not a fan of any music

Any music what so ever?

Yes. Nothing worth listening as far as I am concerned.

Haven’t listened or bought anything music related for the last 15 odd years, even before that I slowly lost interest in them …

But I like the sound of nature just not man made.

Sigur Rós is alright (only listened briefly to those posted on STW and not even the entire one song) but they do sound doom and gloom …

“Music” has become white noise to me so now prefer absolute apocalyptic silent. Just the sound of the nature (not a song or a band).

🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Northwind – free streaming new mogwai album

here

Sidney
    Free Member

We exited our wedding ceremony to Hoppipolla (or something like that with loads of accents)

arcing
    Free Member

Hoppipolla came on the radio late at night as I left the hospital after my daughter was born. Seemed perfect, and now gives me goose bumps everytime.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Oh, ps, thinking about Sigur Ros made me do what it always does, ie, go and listen to Mogwai. When you get tired of all that foreign stuff, if you haven’t already, go and listen to New Paths To Helicon (but not part 2) Ideally on an inter city train.

The ladies at work made me turn off Mogwai this morning as it was ‘too depressing’ but they happily sat through Hvarf yesterday.

What does that say?

benjii19
    Free Member

Just reminded me to listen to some Mogwaii

Explosions in the Sky and GodSpeedYouBlackEmperor are worth a listen

flyingmonkeycorps

God is an Astronaut are pretty awesome too. Explosions in the Sky live were proper amazing like.

Northwind

eyerideit – Member

The ladies at work made me turn off Mogwai this morning as it was ‘too depressing’ but they happily sat through Hvarf yesterday.

What does that say?

You were listening to depressing Mogwai songs? Should have stuck on something upbeat like Helicon or Fear Satan. Or if their complaint was specifically about depression, fire on Batcat on permanent loop until they all have nervous breakdowns- it’s trauma-inducing, not depressing, everyone’s happy!

eyerideit
    Free Member

GodSpeedYouBlackEmperor’s Allelujah! Don’t Bend! Ascend! was just a bit self indulgent for me.

Not heard any of the earlier stuff.

I’ll check out God is an Astronaut and Explosions in the Sky next month as I’ve blown this months budget on Sigur Ros and their offshoots.

eyerideit
    Free Member

ou were listening to depressing Mogwai songs?

It was their Les Revenants soundtrack. I was enjoying it but the ladies weren’t and there’s more of them than me.

bigh
    Free Member

Apologies if mentioned already but dont forget Riceboy sleeps

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Any Sigur Rós fans around?’ is closed to new replies.