Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any Shockwiz users on here? Im having issues
  • escrs
    Free Member

As the title says anyone on here have a Shockwiz?

Mine is around a month old and is having some issues

Basically the Shockwiz says my rear shock is set at 222psi yet my shock pump says 260psi (This is what TFTuned set it at for me)

I tried two other shock pumps and they both read 260psi or near abouts yet shockwiz still insists the shock has 222psi in it

Ive tried the reset trick on the shockwhiz which is to remove the battery and refit it the opposite way round, wait 3 seconds then fit it the correct way round, made no difference as it still reads 222psi

Ive deflated the shock and pumped it back up to 260psi (making sure to cycle the shock 5-10 times every 50psi as per FOX’s instructions to equalize the air pressure but still shockwiz reads 222psi and the 3 shock pumps read 260psi or near abouts

Ive fired off an email to Shockwiz in the USA and to Zyrofisher their UK disrtro so awaiting a reply

I just wondered if anyone else has had this issue?

MSP

Normally I would probably trust shockwiz rather than a pump, but if three pumps agree that does sound dodgy.

It shouldn’t really mater to the shockwizz recommendations, as it senses change and recommends adding or subtracting according to the rate of change, kind of like setting according to sag rather than a fixed psi. Although if a sensor is goosed I guess all readings could be suspect.

Ive deflated the shock and pumped it back up to 260psi (making sure to cycle the shock 5-10 times every 50psi as per FOX’s instructions to equalize the air pressure but still shockwiz reads 222psi and the 3 shock pumps read 260psi or near abouts

Did you do this while the shockwizz was fitted, ie following the setup wizard?

weeksy

Not an issue I’ve had. Mine generally reads very very close to shock pump

escrs
    Free Member

Did you do this while the shockwizz was fitted, ie following the setup wizard?

Yes the shockwiz was set up following the wizard and the shock was inflated as per FOX’s instructions

The shockwiz worked fine on my FOX 36’s and gave a true psi reading, something seems to have happened to it since then

Rubber_Buccaneer

If you’ve had three shock pumps agree then you are doing better than me, my Shockwiz and three shock pumps all disagree.  The one constant is the Shockwiz as I’ve compared the pump reading to the Shockwiz for each pump.

For example when Shockwiz says my rear shock is set to 143psi my Topeak pump says 129psi, my Lezyne digital says 137psi and a Syncross digital said 133psi.  I just keep a note of them all in my sad nerdy spreadsheet.

clouster
    Free Member

Does your Shockwiz read 0 psi when off the bike and the valves opened? Mine is reading -27 psi when it should be 0 psi. Currently waiting on a response from customer services having also tried the reset with no joy.

LittleNose
    Free Member

Mine shows a small discrepancy, but nothing like what you’re seeing.. maybe 5psi or so, and I put that down to my tired old eyes reading the dials on the shock pumps

z1ppy

Yes I have the same issue, & assumed it was my pump over coming the internal valves on the shockwiz. Other posts, like those above do make me wonder.. Anyways I use the SW reading, after removing the SW & just pumped it up to that with my shock pump. I find that the sag is correct, so don’t worry about the discrepancy. So give that a test?

DickBarton

Had similar…each time you remove the pump (or a pump), the air chambers repressurise and settle so the reading will never truly match anyway.

I had about 25psi difference between Shockwiz and my shock pump, so bought a new one and have about 10psi difference on this one.

I work on following the guide until it is right rather than actual numbers. Once sorted I attach the pump on its own and see what it reads.

otsdr
    Free Member

The Shockwiz works my measuring pressure deltas, the actual values are mostly irrelevant.
    As long as its pressure readings are consistent from ride to ride, it should still do what it’s supposed to.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any Shockwiz users on here? Im having issues’ is closed to new replies.