Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any Shelly wireless controller users on here?
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

After seeing Shelly controllers discussed on here, I installed a Shelly Pro 4 to control the lights in Mrs Gobs shop.

Worked perfectly, connected to the app with minimum fuss. No problems.

I was so impressed I got another controller, this time the basic Shelly 1, just to control some outside lighting at home.

Absolutely hopeless! The app detects the controller and apparently connects it to the wifi, it then disappears and cannot be controlled or detected again.

After a reset it can be detected but the same happens again and again.

Anyone had similar problems? Found any solutions?

Sandwich

I have a couple that I’m waiting to fit (one is for outside and electrics and damp are not my favourite things).

Have you got the correct and updated firmware installed on the relay? There is a specific version for iOS use and lots of online videos to help out.

Looks like I may be doing this once the hour goes forward next month.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Have you got the correct and updated firmware installed on the relay?

I can’t connect to the controller to update it.

I manage to connect directly to it with my laptop as it creates a wifi connection when booted up. However I can’t connect to the internet at the same time as the controller, so I can update anything.

Frustrating!

gobuchul
    Free Member

Fixed it!

Created a different account and installed the app on a different phone.

Worked first time.

A bit annoying having to use different accounts but no biggie as the schedule is not going to change often.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Any Shelly wireless controller users on here?’ is closed to new replies.