Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Any riders on here from Bury, Bolton..
  • jaffejoffer
    Free Member

North Manchester / South Lancashire areas?

what are your favourite local trails?

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Bolton = rivington, prestwich, darwen, holcombe (and gisburn if you want to get the car out)

Junkyard
    Free Member

rivvy from Bolton not sure what is over Bury way tbh

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

bury = canal paths across to prestwich (lots of trails running parallel to main towpath if you know where your going)and trails near holcombe which can take you for miles

montylikesbeer

Rossendale , only 10 mins drive , open moorland trails with bite as well Lee and cragg quarry , all top draw.

No big suprise as it’s where I live

samuri
    Free Member

You can ride anywhere offroad from Bolton/Bury. Anywhere.
    But for local stuff, Rivington, Ramsbottom, Rossendale, Darwen, all pretty awesome. Very hilly, nice and quiet if you know where to go.

LapSteel
    Free Member

Whereabouts is the canal in Bury? Or Prestwich?

xiphon
    Free Member

*waves from Preston* :mrgreen:

wors

whereabouts is the canal in Bury? Or Prestwich?

right next to my works 🙂

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I am from ramsbottom , 4 miles north of bury . in terms of trails you can either go up onto holcombe hill and moor road , quite a bit up there .or you can head towards scout moor leading up to the quarrys or onto the mary townley loop at rooley moor.happy to show you , we get out about 3 x per week .

MrSparkle

Darwen Moor, White Coppice, Rivi, Holcombe, Cragg, Lee. Ooh, there’s plenty to go at.

Felofagen
    Free Member

LapSteel – Here’s the canal referred to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester,_Bolton_and_Bury_Canal

A great way to link up with many of the above mentioned trails. It also makes for a good training loop together with the Irwell Valley Sculpture Trail and Outwood Trail

samuri
    Free Member

watch out for bullets Mr Sparkle!

Harry_the_Spider

Prestwich

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3ZND8nbU4s[/video]

Perhaps there should be a mass ride to commemorate the awesomeness that was Summer HtN taking in all the highlights and accident black spots… hmmm…

terrahawk
    Free Member

Perhaps there should be a mass ride to commemorate the awesomeness that was Summer HtN taking in all the highlights and accident black spots… hmmm.

25 June?

Harry_the_Spider

25 June?

Busy doin’ schizzle. Will send you an e-mail.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I ride in this area a couple of times a week.

Considering it’s proximity to Manchester centre, there’s some really enjoyable riding. Even steep things.

I’d love to commemerate HtN with a group ride.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

cheers everyone, but i am from Tottington and been riding all round here for years (except toepaths! scoff) was just hoping to discuss some of the hidden gems, the finer details of what we have on our doorstep. My favourite bit locally is the descent from moor road through Buckden woods into Irwell Vale – has roots, drops, jumps, rocks, and just flows really well. its ace.

MrSparkle

I’d forgotten what a good job we did of that vid. in all modesty.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Any riders on here from Bury, Bolton..’ is closed to new replies.