Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any riders located in the Geleen/Aachen area?
  • oakleymuppet
    Free Member

I’m going to be working a contract role out in the Netherlands, Aachan bikepark looks to be about 50 minutes on the train from where I will be based so thinking of hopping on the train with my bike once the lockdown in NL and Germany eases.

Anyone else out there at the moment? Getting some riding in will help stop me from going insane living out of a hotel and also stop me from making weekend trips to the den of iniquity and degeneracy that is Amsterdam.

stumpy01

Aachen Bike park?! Say what!

The HQ of the company I work for us based in Aachen and no one has ever mentioned this!
    I work in the UK, but do occasionally visit Aachen.

Might have to investigate next time I am there – not that I expect that will be for a while with the way things are!

gazzab1955

Bike Park Aachen is south west of the town, check out Trailforks or Komoot, lots of trails. There also seems to be a bike park near Aywaille, south west of Spa just over the border in Belgium. A friend of mine who live in Liege regularly rides in the Ardennes Forest in the Spa/Stavelot/Malmedy area, loads of trails there. Just looking at the Trailforks map there is another bike park, Ferme Libert, just north of Malmedy. Basically there are loads of trails within an hours drive so you should be well sorted and far healthier than visiting the covid ridden flesh pots of The Dam 🙂
    https://www.trailforks.com/region/bikepark-aachen/?activitytype=1&z=9.2&lat=50.52303&lon=6.00133

oakleymuppet
    Free Member

Aachen Bike park?! Say what!

Hahah I was surprised as well, there’s actually some decent riding around there, not just in the bike park but along and either side of the Limburg/Aachen border by the looks of it.

mrmoofo

There has to be a shedload of stuff in the Eifel (just to the south of Aachen)… and the Hoheveld
    ( lived in cologne for two years)
    Certainly there is a load around the Nurburgring….

oakleymuppet
    Free Member

Awesome – working holiday whooop whooooop

When the lockdowns subside of course.

davosaurusrex

The one at Hurtgenwald good for a day too. Local club or shop operate an uplift bus at weekends or would be ideal ebike territory

peekay

If looking for things to do in the area, there is a huge indoor ski slope built on to the side of a hill at Landgraaf(about 15km North of Aachen):. That is good for the occasional wet weather day or dark evening. A few years ago you used to be able to pay about €30 for skiing for the day and it also included a big buffet with a beer tap.

Also the big open cast mines are nearby, definitely worth a visit to look in awe at the scale of them and some of the plant.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any riders located in the Geleen/Aachen area?’ is closed to new replies.